C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

previous post, plus new potental problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2001, 06:37 AM
steve1ph
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default previous post, plus new potental problem

I had posted yesterday about alt light and low voltage on the guage. found out what that problem was, the hot wire that bolts to the alt was burnt in half. Im hoping that it was just to close to the head any comments on what else may have fried it and not the alt? So i got that squared away i hope. Then i went ahead a drove it to work tonight and now im getting no a/c air from the vents just the feet vents only. Also i noticed awhile ago with the hood (front end ) up that the compressor clutch is kicking on and off with the a/c on. Yall think this could be all related since everything was fine before the wire fried? The car is an `90 l98 computer a/c 6speed with some extra trimmings.
Old 09-15-2001, 12:54 PM
weekendwrench
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: previous post, plus new potental problem (steve1ph)

If the compressor is kicking on and of it could be a sign of low refrigerant. You should get the system leak checked. If it is low you will need to decide if which refrigerant you will recharge with. R12 R 134a, or one of the blends (autofrost).
http://www.aircondition.com This is a good A/C site.

Quick Reply: previous post, plus new potental problem