C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

RAMPS THAT FIT!

Old 09-15-2001, 10:40 PM
satyr7777
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAMPS THAT FIT!

Well, sorta. I shopped around today, and hit a buncha places, and measured em at each place. I only found ONE SET that would fit my 94 (off the shelf) locally. (I'll make my own at some point in the future, they have these nifty kits where you use 2X10s and cut them to your desired length, I think they are actually for 4X4 motorcycle type toys, but can handle 2000 lbs each).

Anyway- I got em at Pep Boys- the Blitz "rhino ramps", made outa plastic. Here's the catch- the only way they'll fit is to remove the lower plastic air dam on each side- a matter of 4-5 bolts each side. That gives a couple more inches of clearance. Tomorrow it's oil change day- (had to do the Girlfriend's Pathfinder today).

Hope this helps- John
Old 09-16-2001, 12:17 AM
Fang S-289
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: RAMPS THAT FIT! (satyr7777)

You can save the air dam removal by simply placing some 1"X 12"x18" boards in front of the ramps. They will lift the car just enough to get you on the ramps. I found that the "Rino Ramps" didn't give me quite as much room as I wanted. Two 2"X10" boards made all the difference for me. Just a suggestion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RAMPS THAT FIT!