C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Clutch replacement is done!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:18 PM
93cruiser
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch replacement is done!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who answered questions as I progressed through the clutch replacement. Thought I would post a few observations.

The 94 coupe, LT1 has 102 k miles. Based on my observations the clutch I removed seemed to be the original clutch. The wiring was still neatly tie wrapped from the factory.and the exhaust componemts had never been removed.

I replaced the clutch because the engagement/release point was at the very top of the clutch travel and it slipped under high acceleration.
Examination of the old clutch revealed that it was close to the rivets.

Now with the new clutch, engagement and realease are closer to the middle and bottom of the pedal travel. Is this normal? I am not sure because this is the first C4 6 speed I have every driven. I am trying to determine if I have properly bled the slave and master.

Based on my experience with other vehicles, This one shifts very smooth. Let me know what you guys think.

93cruiser
Old 06-09-2007, 10:21 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

if the pedel is low, that is rather normal on a new new clutch. It will settle in, but I would suspect it's not quite bled right.

congrats on the job! It's a big one, no question, but not very hard, really.

Quick Reply: Clutch replacement is done!!!!!!