C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ecm Bad???

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 05:28 PM
scranage
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it, its in my car now. I had a QDM2 fault that had me worried mine had died, but after seeing the same problem with the spare I tracked it down to the brake switch.

Let us know what voltage you see with the other knock filter and both sensors disconnected.

Last edited by scranage; 07-07-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:27 AM
johnnyzvette
Racer

I'm still getting the same voltage, 1.72v with both knock sensors disconnected. I currently have the memcal you sent installed in my ECM. Not sure where to go from here?? I just recently scanned my car for the first time using Datamaster( I'm new to all this scan and tune stuff) I noticed my knock count was high about 34000, but spark retard showed zero. Still trying to figure out what all the other numbers are telling me.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:38 PM
scranage
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Something is not right at all. I have a 92 also, and usually see a knock count of 100-400 on start of the engine, then no more. I'll try to check my voltage with both sensors disconnected tomorrow.

Originally Posted by johnnyzvette
I'm still getting the same voltage, 1.72v with both knock sensors disconnected. I currently have the memcal you sent installed in my ECM. Not sure where to go from here?? I just recently scanned my car for the first time using Datamaster( I'm new to all this scan and tune stuff) I noticed my knock count was high about 34000, but spark retard showed zero. Still trying to figure out what all the other numbers are telling me.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:12 PM
scranage
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Just checked, my voltage reads a little over 4.8 with both knock sensors disconnected.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 PM
johnnyzvette
Racer

just making sure I'm checking it right.....I'm reading voltage from one end of the knock sensor connector to ground, right? Does the engine need to be running or just in the on position?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:49 PM
scranage
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, ground to one of the connectors, key on, engine off.

Quick Reply: Ecm Bad???