C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Electrics- Know where G350 is on 92 vert?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Electrics- Know where G350 is on 92 vert?

I'm looking for the connector to ground for my hardtop (on my 92 vert). I found the power side connector but I can't find the ground side connector. I'm sure this vert has never seen a factory hardtop before and I was hoping someone might tell me where the ground side connector is located. The Helms Manual says it's behind the RH seat. It's supposed to be G350. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Strick
Race Director

After I removed all the rear carpeting, I found the gound connector G350. The guys at the factory forgot to put in my ground wire and special terminal connector. I also took a good look inside the ASR and anti skid compartment. Somebody has been in there before. The wires and connectors are not secured like they should be. At least it's clean and not rusted or wet.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:31 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Unless the hardtop was a factory order, the ground wire and connector was not installed on 'verts. If a hardtop was a dealer install, the dealership added the ground lead connector.

The hardtop was installed at American Sunroof Company located a couple miles from the BG Assembly Plant. Verts that had the RPO CC2 option were taken to ASC for fitting of the hardtop and that included the short ground wire. Once all of that was done the cars were returned to BG for shipment. Verts that didn't have the hardtop as part of the order just got shipped as they left the line.

IIRC, the defogger powerbutton for the hardtop was different looking depending on whether or not the car had the standard A/C controls or the C68 Electroninc Climate Control system. The icon on the button was rectangular (like the window) if the car had the hardtop option and if it didn't, the icon was in the shape of the outside mirror housing.

If the hardtop defogger doesn't work after you plug everything, you may have to get a different A/C control panel. You can simply check for 12v at the orange power lead after hitting the button.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Strick
Race Director

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Unless the hardtop was a factory order, the ground wire and connector was not installed on 'verts. If a hardtop was a dealer install, the dealership added the ground lead connector.

The hardtop was installed at American Sunroof Company located a couple miles from the BG Assembly Plant. Verts that had the RPO CC2 option were taken to ASC for fitting of the hardtop and that included the short ground wire. Once all of that was done the cars were returned to BG for shipment. Verts that didn't have the hardtop as part of the order just got shipped as they left the line.

IIRC, the defogger powerbutton for the hardtop was different looking depending on whether or not the car had the standard A/C controls or the C68 Electroninc Climate Control system. The icon on the button was rectangular (like the window) if the car had the hardtop option and if it didn't, the icon was in the shape of the outside mirror housing.

If the hardtop defogger doesn't work after you plug everything, you may have to get a different A/C control panel. You can simply check for 12v at the orange power lead after hitting the button.
That makes sense. My Helms says you have to have the engine running to power the defogger. The circuit is simple enough to follow. Thanks for the reply.

Get notified of new replies

To Electrics- Know where G350 is on 92 vert?

Quick Reply: Electrics- Know where G350 is on 92 vert?