C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Climate Controls Won't Turn Off Sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 10:43 PM
KYVette90
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Climate Controls Won't Turn Off Sometimes

Every now and then my air conditioner will not turn off when I push the button, and it will not change functions either. Has anyone had this problem before and how did you fix it?
Old 11-08-2001, 10:50 PM
C4 Suke
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Climate Controls Won't Turn Off Sometimes (KYVette90)

Sometimes, when I turn my heater on, and turn it off, it will indicate that it is off, but I will put my hand over that part under the windshield and warm air will be coming through, sometimes it gets too hot so I lower the temp. to like 70 and the air cools down, but still doesnt stop. I don't know what it is, but I think its almost like what you have, anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this?
Old 11-08-2001, 10:59 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

My display would go on/off intermittently though controls seemed to work. I pulled the control unit and cleaned the card edge connector. The method is on my site.
Old 11-09-2001, 08:42 AM
89 Bob L
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are usually two problems with the automatic climate control. The first, and easiest, is to check the vacum lines and connections. Many times the lines look good but have small cracks or are leaking at connections. Check the vacum lines and connector (a T-Connector) in the rear of the engine. It is located just under the distributor.
The second problem is poor electrical connections to the control unit , under the dash, near the brake pedal (a 4x6" black box) or at the dashboard unit. Remove the electrical connections and clean thoroughly. There are many ideas on cleaning methods. I prefer to use electical cleaning spray. You should also check the electric lines for good connections to the connectors and that the connectors are properly grasping the clips.

Get notified of new replies

To Climate Controls Won't Turn Off Sometimes

Quick Reply: Climate Controls Won't Turn Off Sometimes