C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Antenna Mast Replacement Question-II cable won't grab on!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 12:12 PM
Frank C
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Antenna Mast Replacement Question-II cable won't grab on!

Ok, now what? Do I have to remove the power antenna in order to find out why the motor won't take the new masts attached nylon cable? There is about a 6" piece of nylon cable missing from the old mast. Could it be stuck in the motor and be preventing the new cable from being feed into the motor? I've tried to feed the new cable several times with no luck getting the motor to grab on. I'm feeding it with the tooth part facing to the left at 90' to the body. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions? I really don't want to pull the power unit....Frank
Old 11-11-2001, 02:55 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Default Re: Antenna Mast Replacement Question-II cable won't grab on! (Frank C)

Frank,

Just went through this for a friend. Yes, there is a peice of nylon leader stuck in the motor. Only way to get it out is to remove the motor. Real PITA. You don't have to complete remove it. Just get it down enough to be able to remove the gear housing. Inside you will find your peice inside. After you get it all back together and enough grit in your eyes, it will accept the new leader.

Flame Red
Old 11-11-2001, 03:02 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Antenna Mast Replacement Question-II cable won't grab on! (Frank C)

I think the teeth are supposed to face forward... try that, first!!!
Old 11-11-2001, 03:13 PM
Frank C
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Antenna Mast Replacement Question-II cable won't grab on! (Flame Red)

AHHHHH RAT'S! I was afraid of that. Bogus, at the risk of messing up the motor (per srv manual) I tried 360'. Nothing seemed to work. Manual said to the left and motor gears appear to be in cased on the left, per the manual illustrations, but I also thought the teeth were forward facing when I pulled the old one out. It's moot now. Thanks, Frank

Get notified of new replies

To Antenna Mast Replacement Question-II cable won't grab on!

Quick Reply: Antenna Mast Replacement Question-II cable won't grab on!