C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

replacement time

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:45 PM
finally_got_it
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacement time

im replacing injectors, and was told by a friend of mine that i should go with the 24lb lt4 injectors. Is that a good idea and if so where is the best place to get them? any other injector recommendations?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Jonnymac
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

The LT4 had 28lbs/hr injector LT1 used 24lbs. The Ford SVO injectors have been very popular, no personal experience just what I've read on here.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:58 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonnymac
The LT4 had 28lbs/hr injector LT1 used 24lbs. The Ford SVO injectors have been very popular, no personal experience just what I've read on here.
A set of 8 FMS injectors is about $250. Lots of guys here use them. I personally have the 30# version for my 383.

Be careful if you go that route, though. Sometimes they stick when new. If you install them and the car runs rough that's probably the case. Just find out which one and knock it a little until it frees up, it's no big deal if you're expecting it. When I installed mine I looked everywhere else for my problem, figuring that it couldn't be the injectors because they were brand new.

Get notified of new replies

To replacement time

Quick Reply: replacement time