C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:45 PM
black_771
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car wont start

Alright. With all the problems with my car, this one is actually self-inflicted.

In the ultimate in "alternative engineering", when I put in my heater core I removed a silly looking wire in the fuse box that was stripped and jammed in with a fuse adding a circuit. (To clear my name, I just bought this car!) I later found out that it was for the aftermarket radio. This weekend I tried to finish up my interior and wanted to make sure that the radio worked so I foolishly reconnected that stupid wire into the fuse box. When I did so, now the LCD gauge doesn't come on, the car won't start, and there is a rapid clicking sound under the passenger side dash that only goes away when pull the CCM fuse. Whatever it was also drained the battery in a matter of minutes.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on here?

Oh and if you have to ask, I connected the silly wire up to the radio battery fuse. I'm not real sure where it came from or what its function actually is. It didn't blow the fuse, but it did something and I can't figure out how to reverse it. I'm currently charging the battery and in a quick attempt to undo the clicking under the dash, I pulled all the fuses from the fuse box.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:25 PM
black_771
Racer

Any ideas what the ticking under the dash is?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:20 AM
black_771
Racer

Well, whatever happened was fixed by removing the fuses overnight.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:34 PM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Ticking under the dash is caused by a relay that drops out and kicks in at low battery voltage.

Get notified of new replies

To Car wont start

Quick Reply: Car wont start