C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

WOT stuck!! Wow, almost totaled!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 06:55 PM
conrad
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT stuck!! Wow, almost totaled!!

Wow, just left work, out of the parking lot.... Hammered it left turn, pitched it right, pitched it left, then let off.... Except still WOT... Oh Sh*t... Fire plug approaching quickly.... Let off brakes straightened it up and back on the brakes.... Curb approaching very quickly... Oh sh*t!!! Missed the fire plug... bamm.. hit the curb... Big chunk of rim gone... motor still racing... put it in neutal... still racing... put it in park and shut it off and pop the hood... work the trottle and got it to return... no oil leaks I can see... tire still holding air... Look at the skid marks and fronts were locked, rears were spinning... Holly crap.... Didn't want to wait for a tow for 42 miles and take all night... risked it and drove home like Grandma... I am home aok!! Wow... My heart is still pounding!!!!!! Didn't think to turn off engine or put in neutal... Hey this took only 2 or 3 seconds... Not much time to think!!! Just got home... THought about what happened... Hey I never took the traction control off... Humm... My light was on this morning for the ABS... Humm I thought I was a little low on brake fluid and would check it tonight.... I am thinking that disables the traction control and poof this can happen!! I messed up my alinement big time!!! I am ordering a new rim form Tomz and take it to a alinement shop and see what I did... Also need to put a big spring on the trottle and hope this never happens again.... Damm... I am lucky!! Damm new engine runs pretty strong!! Do others agree the brake fuild stopped the traction control from kicking in? Any other ideas... Thanks a bunch!! Conrad
Old 10-19-2007, 07:01 PM
RoperC4
Racer

Abs problems or ASR lights turn off the traction control. Im sorry to hear what happened to you. Im sorry for your front suspension too! Get it fixed by someone you know does very prideful work! If you dont that thing wont drive the same for you ever again IMO.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:12 PM
arkangel81
Instructor

Originally Posted by conrad
Wow, just left work, out of the parking lot.... Hammered it left turn, pitched it right, pitched it left, then let off.... Except still WOT... Oh Sh*t... Fire plug approaching quickly.... Let off brakes straightened it up and back on the brakes.... Curb approaching very quickly... Oh sh*t!!! Missed the fire plug... bamm.. hit the curb... Big chunk of rim gone... motor still racing... put it in neutal... still racing... put it in park and shut it off and pop the hood... work the trottle and got it to return... no oil leaks I can see... tire still holding air... Look at the skid marks and fronts were locked, rears were spinning... Holly crap.... Didn't want to wait for a tow for 42 miles and take all night... risked it and drove home like Grandma... I am home aok!! Wow... My heart is still pounding!!!!!! Didn't think to turn off engine or put in neutal... Hey this took only 2 or 3 seconds... Not much time to think!!! Just got home... THought about what happened... Hey I never took the traction control off... Humm... My light was on this morning for the ABS... Humm I thought I was a little low on brake fluid and would check it tonight.... I am thinking that disables the traction control and poof this can happen!! I messed up my alinement big time!!! I am ordering a new rim form Tomz and take it to a alinement shop and see what I did... Also need to put a big spring on the trottle and hope this never happens again.... Damm... I am lucky!! Damm new engine runs pretty strong!! Do others agree the brake fuild stopped the traction control from kicking in? Any other ideas... Thanks a bunch!! Conrad
ive done it as well, ive been through 3 sets of wheels. thankfully each time i havent hurt myself, or someone else.. i think i have finally learned you must respect these cars, because if you dont they will bite you in the ***. now i just cruise, and take my time. hopefully your car is fine
Old 10-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Demonic85
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like some people who were driving Toyotas and the throttle stuck, except they went for miles and didnt turn the car off

Good thing your ok and you lucked out by not totally your car.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:34 PM
tcr75
Racer

should have turned off the engine! So where you "playing" when you throttled it?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:05 PM
RoperC4
Racer

But of course he was. Thats the only time retarded stuff like that happens.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Carpenter
Racer

Order new cables. Don't 'add' a spring.

Oh, btw..........Welcome to C4's
Old 10-20-2007, 12:23 AM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by RoperC4
But of course he was. Thats the only time retarded stuff like that happens.

You are correct, sir
Old 10-20-2007, 02:46 AM
Jonnymac
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by RoperC4
Abs problems or ASR lights turn off the traction control. Im sorry to hear what happened to you. Im sorry for your front suspension too! Get it fixed by someone you know does very prideful work! If you dont that thing wont drive the same for you ever again IMO.
nice thing about having a 6 speed. Mine got stuck at part throttle
I just pushed the clutch pedal in and pulled over.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:04 PM
tcr75
Racer

when you do something stupid, you get what you deserve
Old 10-24-2007, 05:22 PM
catlettlt1
Instructor

Today, 05:04 PM #10
tcr75

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER DONE IT (TCR75 IF YOU HAVN'T YOU NEED A GEO NOT A CORVETTE ! GRANNY...
Old 10-24-2007, 06:49 PM
tcr75
Racer

Originally Posted by catlettlt1
Today, 05:04 PM #10
tcr75

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER DONE IT (TCR75 IF YOU HAVN'T YOU NEED A GEO NOT A CORVETTE ! GRANNY...
I never said that I have never done it. Difference is that I take full responsability for my actions. If I drive like a jackass and wreck my car then I would deserve it!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Road Agent
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carpenter

good advise!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Carl Johansson
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carpenter

Do both - backup spring - required in most racing associations!
Carl Johansson
Old 10-24-2007, 07:48 PM
C4forlife
Racer

Hey don't feel bad the first time I finished my Lt1 swap into my 86 first thing i did was crank it up to 140 ........and promplty found a transmission leak when i got home
Old 10-24-2007, 11:42 PM
FOXX
Racer

I saw the same thing once when we were leaving the boobie bar and some forehead hopped in his pickup and went at it leaving a black mark all the way across the hiway and crashing into a brand new video store!

So, what did you learn from your experience?

Get notified of new replies

To WOT stuck!! Wow, almost totaled!!

Quick Reply: WOT stuck!! Wow, almost totaled!!