C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Walbro Fuel Pump Installation

Old 11-20-2001, 03:57 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Walbro Fuel Pump Installation

Just finished installing a new walbro fuel pump in my 91 and have a few questions for those that have done this before. I installed the mesh pump filter horizontally with the long side towards the drivers side. As I put the pump assembly into the tank noticed that the filter lined up inside the plastic tray in the tank. The filter continually moved to a 45 degree angle as the assembly was seated. Is this ok, and is it due to the Walbro filter being longer on one side than the other. Other questions; the entire assembly did not want to seat completly down to the top of the tank. Had to push last 1/4 inch to get assembly to seat flush. And, did anyone use sealant on flange or in bolt holes with rubber o-rings??? Need to know ASAP so I can finish 2 hour now 2 day project!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Old 11-21-2001, 08:55 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Walbro Fuel Pump Installation (BlackRocket)

No replys??? I looking into this mod and was looking for some feedback also.
Old 11-21-2001, 09:11 PM
AquaMetallic94LT1
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Walbro Fuel Pump Installation (BlackRocket)

I think the stock filter is longer on one side than the other too. I tried to orient the filter so it was the same way the stock one was. I didn't use any sealant on the bolts that had O rings. One of the o rings fell off and dissappeared into the space between the tank and the body so I used hylomar to seal that bolt. If you do use sealer, don't use silicone. It doesn't play well with gasoline.

The pump I got didn't sit the same way at the bottom of the sending assy as the stock pump did so I made the bracket that it fits in hold it a bit more snugly. I checked it a week or so later and it seemed to be fine. Its been in the car for about 8 months now.

Get notified of new replies

To Walbro Fuel Pump Installation

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Walbro Fuel Pump Installation