C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Anyone have the parts list for a M6 Conversion for a '91

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 07:59 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Default Anyone have the parts list for a M6 Conversion for a '91

Please post if you do
Old 11-22-2001, 08:03 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have the parts list for a M6 Conversion for a '91 (L98Terror)

Please post if you do
Ya' know.... you can borrow my car if you just wanna tool around with a stickshift for a while. (I know it's tame and all......)
Old 11-22-2001, 08:05 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Default Re: Anyone have the parts list for a M6 Conversion for a '91 (scorp508)

You need to replace that bottom end, there's been way to much metal in there :eek:

Just a thought before we spend all that time installing mods than have the bearings go :(
Old 11-22-2001, 08:06 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Just a thought before we spend all that time installing mods than have the bearings go :(
Yeah I hear you.... I'm in the process of trying to find another normal 87-91 L98 block to cleanup and put together. No 383 or more yet though. ;)
Old 11-22-2001, 08:31 PM
AKS Racing
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: (scorp508)

L-98 block requirements? There is a guy down here that I use that does basic engine replacements (lots of junkyard replacements / GM crates), and sells the shortblocks for $100. One catch, all the motors I have bought had wasted rotating assemblies. This means that the caps are blued, requireing line honing and replacement of caps. Not a problem when you are going with splayed caps anyway. Perfect match.

As for the original question, I converted my '87 700R4 to a ZF. The tranny has worked flawless for nearly 4 years. This has been with a McLeod dual disk and now a SPEC Kevlar unit at the drags with slicks.

Parts list: tranny, clutch pedal/brake pedal assy, bellhousing assy, clutch, dual mass, roller pilot bearing, mini starter (I think you already have this), replacement positive battery cable if you change the starter, 6spd driveshaft and ladder, all bolts, ect, ect. I would also advise that if you have not changed to a D44, now is the time. Step up to 3.45, or search a little longer for 3.54 gears. That's all I can think of at this time.

If you are not too attached to the car yet, go search for a similar car with the 6spd already in the car. This is a very time consuming mod, I have been there. I did it because I already had too much in the car, and the Art Carr automatics just wouldn't last.

Best of Luck,
Aaron

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have the parts list for a M6 Conversion for a '91

Quick Reply: Anyone have the parts list for a M6 Conversion for a '91