C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Knock during any chg in TPS! Sensor? ZF6 single mass FW noise? ESC module?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 11:15 AM
vette_tweak
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Knock during any chg in TPS! Sensor? ZF6 single mass FW noise? ESC module?

My ECM is detecting major knock whenever I blip the throttle under any condition - even no load!!! I haven't upgraded the ESC module because everyone lists WOT knock symptoms when they consider the upgrade. It's the not the ECM because I swapped DFI into the car, and the problem still remains. It knocks with only 18 DEG total advance in neutral so it can't be the advance map. Noise from my ZF6 due to the single mass flywheel? Bad knock sensor? Any ideas?
Old 11-23-2001, 01:59 PM
drive it
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 95 Posts

Default Re: Knock during any chg in TPS! Sensor? ZF6 single mass FW noise? ESC module? (vette_tweak)

Check for anything banging around-exhaust clearance too tight etc. Just how noisy is the clutch? The ones I've heard only rattle at idle. BTW- You didn't install a cam gear drive? That would do it too. Good luck- the majority is usually somthin' simple.

Quick Reply: Knock during any chg in TPS! Sensor? ZF6 single mass FW noise? ESC module?