C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

service ride control light

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 04:26 PM
emoshn
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default service ride control light

My service ride control light keeps coming on...and now want s to stay on. Where do I start with this thing? 92.

Thanks Dave
Old 11-23-2001, 06:03 PM
Ruby_Roadster
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: service ride control light (emoshn)

Firstly, with lots of $$. I had the same thing happen and went through all checking and replacement options before deciding what should be done - Shocks, Shock Tops, Actuators, SRC Module - turned out that it was a cheaper option to go with a specificy designed setup rather than try to get the FX3 repaired.

Now have Disconected the FX3, New Bilsteins with Coilovers, Removed Front & Rear Springs, Shocks setup for Road & Track with aggressive valving, can run street tyres or slicks, Lowered 1" - total cost over here came out at around $1,250US
Old 11-23-2001, 06:49 PM
PeteL
Le Mans Master

Location: And on the fifth day, subpoenas were served to Obama senior staff
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need the Helms manual! Run through the proceedure and check the codes and you will find what set the code. Not all that hard, and Bilstein will rebuild your shocks. You can also still get all the new FX3 shocks you want.

From what I have read on this forum, the usual problem involves and actuator gear or a failed shock.

Factory manual will walk you through it.

Good Luck,

Pete

BTW, anybody with take-off FX3 shocks, (I think pre 93 fit my 89?) lets talk. Better then chucking them. I would not mind having a couple sets to re-valve / swap. (been posting this for 3 years and nobody ever sells me FX3 shocks!)
Old 11-26-2001, 08:24 PM
emoshn
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where can I get the Helms manual?
Old 11-27-2001, 01:51 AM
Jay Axson
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FX3 – Service Ride Control test (at least for 1992's)

To obtain codes, ground terminal C on the ALDL (Assembly Line Diagnostic Link). The ALDL can be found under the driver side dash.

The Service Ride Control light will blink. Each digit is read by counting the number of flashes. Each code is two digits and each digit will have a one second gap between them. Each code will repeat 3 times.

More than one code may be displayed. Each code sequence will start with a code 12. Code 12 is just a start of sequence indicator.

Code Definitions

12 = Start of sequence
13 = Left rear time out
14 = Right Front time out
21 = Left Front time out
22 = Right Rear time out
31 = Left Front out of position
32 = Right Front out of position
33 = Left Rear out of position
34 = Right Rear out of position

Out of position codes are triggered if the computer senses that the actuator has not found the end stop position on the shock. Remove actuator at the indicated shock. Turn the valve gear on the shock stops after about 3 / 4 of turn, then you have a bad actuator. If it spins around continuously then it is a bad shock

41 = Selective ride control switch short to voltage
42 = Selective ride control switch open contacts

You can have a code 42 if you leave the switch in between indented positions

43 = selective ride control switch circuit open.

I

Get notified of new replies

To service ride control light

Quick Reply: service ride control light