C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ASR - late kick-in

Old 11-24-2001, 01:55 PM
rogerb
CF Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ASR - late kick-in

The ASR on my '92 LT1 does keep me in a straight line when thats what I want to do. But if I am turning (like on to a street) and get the rears starting to light up, it takes about a tenth of a second for the ASR to come on line. :eek: By that time the back-end is already wiggling like the butt of a cheap hooker on Saturday night. At 55 going on 7 my reactions are barely up to this. What will I do in 10 years? Any thoughts on this? :crazy:
Old 11-24-2001, 02:29 PM
c4cruiser
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 356 Times in 328 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor
Default Re: ASR - late kick-in (rogerb)

I think I'm in the same category as you (at least age and 'tude :D ). Although I run with the ASR off most of the time except for wet streets, I notice that very slight hesitation when turning. I try to anticipate the rear sliding so I'm ready to turn the wheel slightly to correct any sliding.

Course you can always keep the ASR off and then just drift sidweways out of the turn!

Remember, age is a state of mind......:D
Old 11-24-2001, 04:38 PM
R15LT1
CF Senior Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: ASR - late kick-in (c4cruiser)

It was designed for a little wheel spin, it a CORVETTE not a Cadillac. :D You defiantely need to stay away from the C5's. They allow the tires to spin even more before the ASR interupts the fun! :seeya
Old 11-24-2001, 10:45 PM
rogerb
CF Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: ASR - late kick-in (c4cruiser)

Good to hear from someone of my generation -- and I think maybe I'll find an empty parking lot tomorrow morning while is still wet here and explore my limits with the ASR off. Doughnut city here I come!!! :smash:
Old 11-24-2001, 10:48 PM
R15LT1
CF Senior Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Now that's the attitude! :-D Just watch out for the pesky light poles. We don't need anymore accident stories!
Old 11-25-2001, 01:10 AM
Black85L98
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like ASR on wet roads but it has pissed me off a few times. I have pulled out in front of a car when it would have been wise to wait and the ASR held me up. I made it but it gave me a bit of a scare.
Old 11-25-2001, 09:31 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07
Default Re: ASR - late kick-in (R94 LT 1)

Yeah, watch out for light poles. Me and my buddies went to our work parking lot and tested out the limits of our cars. I learned a lot that day.

My ASR doesn't let me get sideways at all. Last night I hit a turn purposely fast and barely a wiggle. So as the ASR light came on, I floored it to see what would happen. Can't spin the damn tires.
I've even drove on ice with ASR , that sucks since it's constantly going on and off.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/mrm...lspinslide.wmv

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ASR - late kick-in

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: