C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Do I have sport seats?

Old 11-24-2001, 04:46 PM
A
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Do I have sport seats?

I just bought a nice pair of '88 seats for my '87.
My old seats are sport seats and, asside from condition, they look identical to these new seats. I'm trying to find out if these new seats are sport seats or not. The new seats DO have recesses on both leg bolsters for the little control panels on the sport seats but the seats have been re-covered and they are covered over where those buttons would go.

I think they might be sport seats and maybe the motors burnt out so someone just removed the motors and such and then re-covered them.
I have the equiptment from my old seats that I can use if they are.

How do I tell if they are or are not? If they are, I'd like to put the stuff on them so they can function as sport seats. If they are not, they still look really nice and I won't shed a tear :)
Old 11-24-2001, 06:22 PM
bogus
CF Senior Member

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Do I have sport seats? (A)

thats a good question... if they are sport seats, they will have the little switches on the seat bottom for the lateral wings.

It would be easier to transfer the new seat covers to your old seats that work...

Old 11-24-2001, 06:46 PM
A
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Do I have sport seats? (bogus)

Well, they do not have the switches, but they do have the recess that they would fit into which makes me think that they may have had the switches at some point... then again, it's just as likely I suppose that GM made all seats the same and then just put the motors and stuff on the "sport" seats.

I'll examine them closely tonight, I can probably answer my own question if I just look at the durn things :D The thing is I've only owned the new seats for about 6 hours now and I had to go to work today :)
Old 11-24-2001, 06:55 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Murfreesboro, TN Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets 2018 Ambassador
Liked 49 Times in 40 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

you just answered your own question....simple....pull the bottom part....seat part of the seat up....and look inside......see all the gizmo's.....and you got sport seats....look for bolsters, air bladders, seat up, down,..etc etc....my 90's are 6 way power seats w/assisted power controls on the seats....
Old 11-24-2001, 07:03 PM
A
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Do I have sport seats? (XtremeVette)

I did open up the bottom of one and there were no gizmos, so it may be that they're just normal ol' seats, but it could be that the gizmos were removed cause there were some unmated electrical connections and tubes.

Oh well, my question will be answered later tonight when I get home, I just thought it may be an easy open and shut kinda question like "do I have an LT5 or an LT1 in my '85?" :D
Old 11-24-2001, 09:50 PM
dgoodhue
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you have the switch openings and the lumbar tubing, then you have sport seats. The Sport Seats have larger side and botom bolsters.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:55 PM
A
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Do I have sport seats? (dgoodhue)

Cool! Yes there is tubing in there and other than condition the seats look similar. I'll still examine them tonight and start planning my attack strategy :)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do I have sport seats?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: