C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Do I have FX3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 10:15 PM
Narnian
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do I have FX3?

I just brought home a 1990 Quasar Blue Coupe to replace the 1986 that was trashed last week. The PO had installed a remote controlled 10-CD player in back, and had velcroed the controller right between the seat controls in the center console. When I lifted it, I noticed a small hole in the center that looks stock. The velcro covers everything else so I don't know if the normal FX3 label lies underneath. Should I mess up the velcro to see if there is a label underneath, or is there another way to find out if the car has FX3 and merely needs a switch?

Old 11-24-2001, 11:17 PM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Do I have FX3? (Narnian)

Look at your product codes. It should say FX3. They are under the center console lid. Others are FE1(standard), Z51(Performance), and R9G which I have no idea what it is.
92TripleBlack :cheers:
Old 11-25-2001, 09:11 AM
Narnian
Instructor

Default Re: Do I have FX3? (92TripleBlack)

Thanks! That makes sense.
Old 11-25-2001, 10:49 PM
BigTodd
Racer

Default Re: Do I have FX3? (Narnian)

You can also look at your shocks, if they have a servo motor on top of them, you have (or have parts to) an FX3. Non FX3 just have a screw sticking out of the top of the shock. Lift your hood and look at the front two shocks for the servo, it's easy to see.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:25 AM
Narnian
Instructor

Default Re: Do I have FX3? (BigTodd)

As it turns out (to my dissapointment) the production code was the standard FE1. I was hoping for FX3. I drive my Vette whenever it's not raining hard or snowing, so I wanted the cushy ride, but I go autocrossing once or twice a month, and it would be nice to have the firm suspension my 86 had for that sort of thing.

I still have no clue what the hole in the plate is for. It's a little less than a quater inch in diameter, and has a black plastic ring around it. Di Corvette ever put a logo there?

Get notified of new replies

To Do I have FX3?

Quick Reply: Do I have FX3?