C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

esc (knock sensor)help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 07:44 PM
fastrob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esc (knock sensor)help?

i was fealing like my car was running funny the last couple of days and while reading my fixit book it says in there if you put low octane gas in the car the engin will get a knock at high rpms so the knock sensor will tell the computer to up the spark plugs to compinsate any way i figured that mine was not working right so i went out and got a new one to replace it so when i got home went under the car i saw that the wire that conects to the sensor was not pluged in allso noticed that the plug was broken so it will not lock on to the sensor so i will replace the knock sensor to a new one to make shure that the sensor didnt go bad from the eliments but how do you replace the wire has anyone done this or can i buy a new one and just splice a new conetor on to the old one help please so my car does not run funny any more :cry :chevy
Old 11-26-2001, 07:54 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: esc (knock sensor)help? (fastrob)

First of all when the ECM sees knock counts what it does it to pull ignition timing. Don't run low octane fuel in your Vette it will not help a knock situation. You need a scan tool to see if the ECM is still seeing knock counts. If so, and base timing is at about +6deg, replace the ESC module per my C4 Tech Note.

You can buy the knock sensor connector from Eckler's, P/N 30545, for $3.99. It's the same as used on the coolant temp sensor.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:09 PM
fastrob
Instructor

Default Re: esc (65Z01)

i dont use low ocktain fuel in my car i allways put 93 oct in it but the gas i used was bad gas i dont know but it made it knock it was kind of one of those days when you are running out of gas and you need to stop anywhere any way i just need to know if i can just chop off the top of the old wire and put a new one on it? :chevy :flag
Old 11-26-2001, 08:15 PM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: esc (fastrob)

Yes you can just chop it off, put a new on.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:25 PM
fastrob
Instructor

Default Re: esc (bill mcdonald)

thank you so much for all your help :cheers:
Old 11-27-2001, 01:35 AM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: esc (fastrob)

Rob, I'll make you a deal.

Drive over to Orlando and I'll install a new knock sensor for you if you promise to start using PUNCTUATION in your posts! You know, periods, commas, stuff like that.

your posts are pretty hard to read sometimes if you don't use any punctuation in there because all the words kind of run together like this and anyhow it gives me a headache sometimes i don't know about you people do you get the idea i hope so because this is hard to even write let alone read understand what i mean

Just funnin' ya, Rob! :D:D:D:D:D
Old 11-27-2001, 06:49 AM
fastrob
Instructor

Default Re: esc (gs633)

lol, i am sorry my typing sucks.just to wright something takes me time so to put in ,./;'[-'would take more time but i will try. :crazy: :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To esc (knock sensor)help?

Quick Reply: esc (knock sensor)help?