C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How to determine what length rocker stud to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:05 PM
biggrizzly
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2015 C5 of Year Finalist

Default How to determine what length rocker stud to buy?

I'm getting ready to order a set of ARP 3/8" studs to go with my CompProMag rockers, and don't know if I should go with the 1.75 or 1.89 length?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:28 PM
staugur
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by biggrizzly
I'm getting ready to order a set of ARP 3/8" studs to go with my CompProMag rockers, and don't know if I should go with the 1.75 or 1.89 length?
Call them and ask what they recommend.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:40 PM
johnnyevans
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The shorter ones let the poly locks allen sink deep the longer one keep the allen level or slightly above the poly.
Why didn't you go 7/16s instead, if you haven't bought the rockers yet, I would seriously consider it. It's money well spent and money ahead if you are considering mods.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:20 PM
biggrizzly
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2015 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by johnnyevans
The shorter ones let the poly locks allen sink deep the longer one keep the allen level or slightly above the poly.
Why didn't you go 7/16s instead, if you haven't bought the rockers yet, I would seriously consider it. It's money well spent and money ahead if you are considering mods.
I got a free set of nearly new Comp ProMagnums in 3/8" which I sent back to Comp Cams and had them inspected/and refurbed as needed for $75; so I'm gonna use 'em. I don't plan on revin over 6k and won't probably pull over 375 to 400 rwhp. I gave all of this a lot of consideration and put money into my heads, intake and cam combo. I couldn't turn down a good set of 1.6 rockers even if they were 3/8".

Now if someone wants to buy them for $200 - That could be a different story. They are in a new box and new wrapper - as new. Anyone?

Get notified of new replies

To How to determine what length rocker stud to buy?

Quick Reply: How to determine what length rocker stud to buy?