C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

dual fuel pump pics or how to?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:52 PM
rtracy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dual fuel pump pics or how to?

I would like to make a dual intank set up. Would anyone have any pics of one or a how to? Thanks
Old 01-30-2008, 02:23 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

There are two popular ways of doing it.

1.) Run two pumps into two seperate lines and attach one to each fuel rail. Then use a single regulator and single return line. This requires putting a fitting in the sending unit to exit the second line from the tank.

2.) Run two pumps into a "Y" fitting and run a single supply line to the rails.

Either way you'll need to put a hole in the sending unit for the aditional electrical power for the second pump. JB weld works great for sealing those holes. You'll have to put a power relay in the power path and tie to to a key on power or perhaps a hobbs switch to turn on at a certain boost level.

I believe some Grand National places sell the "Y" fitting. Personally it was easier for me to run a second -6an line to the front of my car.

If you are worried about how to attach the pump, I just used two worm gear clamps and clamped the pumps together. Seems to be working great so far.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 2nd pump will need to angle a little because the factory sum tank will not clear it that was my experience. Here is some pics of my twin setup yrs ago. The pic shown I tied the 2 pumps together but I have to untie it because of the angle is needed to clear the sum tank
Do not run both pump full time because 2 (255lph) this suckers will emptied the your reserved gas rather quickly and will get you stranged on the road.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Has anyone wired a second external activated by a hobbs switch? T rex pumps are a dime a dozen and I already have the heavy wiring to the external.

Also, blowerworks has a dual intank kit for like $129. I don't know any specifics but I did notice it this week when I was checking the fuel pump charts on their website.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:37 PM
rtracy
Racer

Originally Posted by qwiketz
Has anyone wired a second external activated by a hobbs switch? T rex pumps are a dime a dozen and I already have the heavy wiring to the external.

Also, blowerworks has a dual intank kit for like $129. I don't know any specifics but I did notice it this week when I was checking the fuel pump charts on their website.
I don't think that includes 2 pumps.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:03 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't think so either. I believe it's the add on pump and the mounting hardware (y block, ect).
Old 01-31-2008, 09:13 PM
djxib
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going the inline pump route - I purchased the inline pump from Greg at Blowerworks, it mounts behind the number plate. I understand people have had good results with this set-up.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:11 AM
rtracy
Racer

What I want to do is run a walbro along with my stock pump but I would like to run it of the stock wireing at least the stock trigger wire.
I wounder if I can just splice into the stock trigger wire in front of the stock relay and use that to trigger both relays.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:09 PM
BAM92
Safety Car

I used this wireharness. http://www.racetronix.com/RX-C44-FPKG-2.html

Get notified of new replies

To dual fuel pump pics or how to?

Quick Reply: dual fuel pump pics or how to?