C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

missing-skipping C4 fixed at last.

Old 12-05-2001, 08:37 PM
dave85c4
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Default missing-skipping C4 fixed at last.

I had posted about my 85 skipping and missing and all the stuff that I changed, wires,o2 and even injectors, What it was was a large piece of the cat "guts" broke off inside and would sometime block the exhaust exit. It would run rough and lack power or if the piece cleared the exhaust it would run good. It was driving me nuts until I put the injectors in and didn't move the car. It ran terrible. I jacked it up and dropped the exhaust and there was the piece blocking the exit. Pulled it out and fired it up, ran great. I now have a very large piece of tail pipe there. It is really breathing now. thanks for trying to help with this. You guys gave me some good things to try, This was one of those things that drive you nuts. :D
Old 12-05-2001, 10:41 PM
69shark
Melting Slicks

Location: Godspeed Mikey Hogsmak Invitational Spring Skyline Drive Corvette Cruise
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: missing-skipping C4 fixed at last. (dave85c4)

:cool: :cheers:
Old 12-06-2001, 09:31 AM
Ed Ut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: missing-skipping C4 fixed at last. (dave85c4)

Very good thinking and troubleshooting on your part. No wonder you live in Mechanicville :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To missing-skipping C4 fixed at last.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: missing-skipping C4 fixed at last.