C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Vette Brakes & Products Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 03:29 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Vette Brakes & Products Springs?

Anyone out there use Vette Brakes & Products front "Sport" spring. I was planning on using coil-overs until I heard that they aren't SCCA approved for SOLO I & SOLO II racing events. I've heard that the Vette Brakes springs are very stiff and give a harsh ride. I also have a new 30mm front and a 26mm rear sway bar and was planning on changing the front control arm bushings to urethane. With the sway bars and urethane up front does anyone know if the "sport" spring will give too stiff of a ride??? :chevy
Old 12-06-2001, 04:23 AM
Aggravated4life
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Vette Brakes & Products Springs? (BlackRocket)

I really dont know the exact answer to your questions but will add a few things.Be sure if you switch to poly bushings,it will be legal in your race classes.Im assuming you already did your homework but wanted to say a reminder.

Btw a few people have commented here that VB springs are made by TRW. If thats the case, you can probably get them cheaper from a car quest or Napa parts store.
They can usually get you TRW springs at a lesser costs then VB's product line.
Doesnt hurt to check that out.

Btw, hope HRocks sees this post..hes got some great ideas for these type of posts.
:)

Quick Reply: Vette Brakes & Products Springs?