C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Tuner Cat software..?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 04:38 AM
GlockLT4
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Tuner Cat software..?

What do you guys think of Tuner Cat software? I think I'll try reprogramming my computer on my own....
http://www.tunercat.com

Old 12-08-2001, 05:31 AM
nsimmons
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tuner Cat software..? (Glock'94)

i use it, its great..simple to use..multiple ecms supported
Old 12-08-2001, 05:36 AM
GlockLT4
Team Owner

Default Re: Tuner Cat software..? (nsimmons)

think it would be hard to configure my 383 with it?
Old 12-08-2001, 06:03 AM
nsimmons
Burning Brakes

the problem you going to have is your ecm is a flash rom, theres no chip to pull, so you wont beable to pull the chip and change it. If you can find someone to read the prom, and write it, then you can use the software to edit it. I dunno, maybe you could download the prom with a hypertech power programmer, bust the hypertech open, and copy its prom. You'll also need a scan tool, something laptop based that logs is best. It isnt too hard, just take small steps, depending on how heavily modified the 383 is depends on how much you'd need to edit the program.

The best part is you can edit everything, from spark, fuel, accesories, tranny shift points line pressure. All i can change is spark fuel and tcc lockup

[Modified by nsimmons, 2:06 AM 12/8/2001]
Old 12-08-2001, 06:18 AM
GlockLT4
Team Owner

Hmm... i know i can guy the ALDL to hook the my laptop up to the computer.. i thought that's all I'd need to do?? AquaMetallicLT1 said he uses it on his '94 383... he sent me a copy of his.. but it's got the stuff for the M6... he said I'd just have to change the tranny stuff... and should i be able to download the binary from my current Street & Performance programmed ECM and pull the tranny part and copy it over to the one that Aqua sent me?
Old 12-08-2001, 06:31 AM
nsimmons
Burning Brakes

whether his program works depends on how different his setup is from yours, especially the cam. As im not familar with the lt1 ecm i cant tell you how to get the binary image out of it. But what you definitley need to do is get the image out some how..then you can edit it to your needs. There are many resources i can direct you to on this. Then you have to get the image back into the ecm. I can help you with the editing, but reading and writingt the image is upto you ;)
Old 12-08-2001, 06:39 AM
GlockLT4
Team Owner

Ok... I can figure out the read/write stuff.. probably from Aqua... He recommended using the same cam he's got.. that way I could do what I was talking about before (forgot to mention that). If I get all the specifics of a cam, I should be able to modify it correctly though right?
Old 12-08-2001, 07:10 AM
Rich B.
Melting Slicks

Why don'y you take a look at LT1 Edit??? It also handles LT4's (but only OBD1)...
http://www.lt1.net/editor/
Old 12-08-2001, 07:21 AM
GlockLT4
Team Owner

Default Re: Tuner Cat software..? (Rich B.)

Well.. the price is a little higher on that software. Right now I'm trying to save all the dollars like that and hopefully get forged pistons... we'll see. $70 is a lot better than $200 for LT1 edit when it looks like there is more you can do with tunercat .
Old 12-08-2001, 09:41 AM
Jimmy69
Racer

Curtis,
Tunercat will work just fine for your application. I'd say if I can tune a blown 421 LT1 motor with Tunercat, you can tune your 383 :). As for the M6 vs. A4 program, it would be easier to copy the tables you want from the M6 program to the A4 program.

You can get the required ALDL cables from http://www.wotelectronics.com/cables.html

I would also recommend joining the LT1-Edit mailing list and start reading the archives. Lots of good info there. Also, visit http://www.lt1tech.com There is a PCM tuning section there which you can post questions to.

Here is the golden rule for tuning: DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING YOU DONT UNDERSTAND.

Jimmy
Old 12-08-2001, 11:39 AM
Chris@SD
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Tuner Cat software..? (Jimmy69)

Here is the golden rule for tuning: DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING YOU DONT UNDERSTAND.

Jimmy
Where is the fun in that?!?! I would suggest trying to get an idea in your head of what is going to happen before you make a change and then make small changes followed by monitoring to see what effect that change had on what.

Here is my golden rule. Change one thing at once and make very small changes!

Good Luck. It is really not that bad. :)

Get notified of new replies

To Tuner Cat software..?

Quick Reply: Tuner Cat software..?