C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

-10AN modified fuel rail and Aluminum radiator shroud

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:54 AM
85 Stalker
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Default -10AN modified fuel rail and Aluminum radiator shroud

I posted this over on the General site also, I thought the Supercharged FI crowd would like to see this too.

The beast is coming together, Eleo Martin did some serious modifying to both the fuel rail and the radiator. If you notice, the rear regulator was removed, and a -10 AN fitting was welded to the fuel log.

On the following pictures, you can see where the blue aluminum regulator was, and the dual -6AN fittings I was running off the Aeromotive Y-Block.

For the front end, an aluminum shroud was made, and all plastic was removed, and will be replaced with brushed aluminum pieces.

In the front fenderwell under the headlights, an aluminum shroud will be fabricated. Smooooottthhhhhhh.....................

The supercharger was also brushed so it will match the new valve covers.

I have a pair of Lingenfelter aluminum valve covers I will be selling, let me know if you are interested.

The long tube headers were removed and the AIR tubes taken off and the holes welded and smoothed. They will now be recoated with a ceramic coating.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2236613

Last edited by 85 Stalker; 04-01-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 PM
AKS Racing
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like Eleo is doing some nice work on your vette.

Questions: I see the -10AN feed, but where is the return? Also, why the -10AN feed to a SR motor? You do know that you will need to return most of that fuel to the tank at an idle, so be prepared to plumb a -8AN return all the way back to the fuel tank.
Aaron
Old 04-01-2008, 05:15 PM
85 Stalker
Drifting

Thanks Aaron -- I'm also running an intercooled P600B on the 383 stroker motor. The return is coming off the Aeromotive FPR (we've already pulled the FMU). we debated on returning off the fuel rail or the controller....

The A1000 pump has the -10AN line up to the FPR, we also just installed an Aeromotive #16302 Billet Fuel Pump Speed Controller.

The BigStuff3 Meaney pulled together for me is installed. Once we get everything buttoned up, BackStreet Performance in Medina, Ohio is going to do the dyno tune.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:30 PM
fixedblade
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Is a good looking set up. Makes me jealous.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:50 PM
lead foot 85 vet
Drifting

Sweet........throw in a bigger rad fan while your at it.......the stock fan only draws 1200 cfm.........nice job
Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

is that a fuel cooler in the rear of the car?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:46 AM
RonRed89
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 85 Stalker
The BigStuff3 Meaney pulled together for me is installed. Once we get everything buttoned up, BackStreet Performance in Medina, Ohio is going to do the dyno tune.
When are you planning to do this? I may have to stop up there and meet you and check this car out on the rollers. BTW, who is Eleo Martin? I remember meeting a guy who owned a shop near Backstreet named Eleo. Is this the same guy?

Ron
Old 04-02-2008, 11:00 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Excellant

I'll need to step up my line size to support my new blower engine as well.

What's the cooler in the back for?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:31 AM
85 Stalker
Drifting

Originally Posted by lead foot 85 vet
Sweet........throw in a bigger rad fan while your at it.......the stock fan only draws 1200 cfm.........nice job
We did upsize the fan to the largest which will fit on the Griffin. So she should be coooollllllll
Old 04-02-2008, 11:34 AM
85 Stalker
Drifting

Originally Posted by qwiketz
is that a fuel cooler in the rear of the car?
I was running an additional trans cooler in the rear, the plan is to switch it over to a fuel cooler (if necessary).

After PeteK built my 700R4, I installed the 4 core aluminum Griffin with a trans cooler, this appears to be working well.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:37 PM
85 Stalker
Drifting

Originally Posted by RonRed89
When are you planning to do this? I may have to stop up there and meet you and check this car out on the rollers. BTW, who is Eleo Martin? I remember meeting a guy who owned a shop near Backstreet named Eleo. Is this the same guy?

Ron
It should be in a couple weeks, I'll shoot you a PM if you want. Rich owns BackStreet, and runs it with his son Eric.

Eleo does a lot of work down there with them, he is close, just off of Fenn Rd./18. I've seen some of the other projects in his shop, I would rate his work 10 out of 10.

The work he is doing for me is nothing short of jaw dropping. The wire loom he is customizing is going to be one of a kind. The plan is to come off the MSD Pro Billet distributor with the wires into a block, then on to each individual plug inside custom formed tubing!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:22 AM
RonRed89
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 85 Stalker
It should be in a couple weeks, I'll shoot you a PM if you want. Rich owns BackStreet, and runs it with his son Eric.
Definitely PM. Would love you see the car and meet you since the last time I saw your ride at the Hot Rod Power tour at the IX Center, you weren't around it. Good luck. Sounds like things are really coming together for you.

Ron
Old 04-03-2008, 09:32 AM
85 Stalker
Drifting

Will do!

I cannot wait to get the car back, with everything we've done, this thing should be a beast.

We are also building a Custom ProStreet R/T at the same time. NEVER do to projects at the same time, it hurts the stomach and the wallet.

The plan is to have it ready for the Summit Racing Mopar show this summer

ProStreet Dodge R/T

Get notified of new replies

To -10AN modified fuel rail and Aluminum radiator shroud

Quick Reply: -10AN modified fuel rail and Aluminum radiator shroud