C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Bosch Gen 3 Fuel Injectors..need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Mike263
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bosch Gen 3 Fuel Injectors..need a little help

I just bought some Bosch Gen 3 injectors for my 86. They a 22#. They are a little different than stock in that they don't have the groove for the retaing clip. The guy I bought them from said they would still work. He said install in manifold first, then pop in the fuel rail.

Anyone have any experience with these. They are orange and have F45SE-A18 and 28015570 stamped on the sides.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:33 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike263
I just bought some Bosch Gen 3 injectors for my 86. They a 22#. They are a little different than stock in that they don't have the groove for the retaing clip. The guy I bought them from said they would still work. He said install in manifold first, then pop in the fuel rail.

Anyone have any experience with these. They are orange and have F45SE-A18 and 28015570 stamped on the sides.

Thanks.
mike sent you a pm with my cell #
Old 06-01-2008, 05:18 PM
jsup
Team Owner

Location: Bergen County, NJ Democrats, doing for the country what they did for Michigan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The clips are useless, you don't need them.

after you get them in, take a large, flat blade screwdriver and a rubber/fiber mallet and tap the injectors down into the manifold. The injectors need to seat all th way into the manifold.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:38 PM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If You Own An 86 Read This Before Changing Injectors.
The 86 For Some Reason Has An 1/8 Additional Height On The Injector Stands. These Manifolds Were Made At A Different Foundry Than The 85, 87-91. The Clips Actually Hold The Injector Up Into The Rail And The Bottom Does Not Seat All The Way Down In The Manifold. Also Some 86's Do Have The Proper Height Stands. If You Find Out That When You Put Any Aftermarket Injector In With The 60mm O Ring To O Ring Spacing That Your Injector Won't Seat Follow These Steps.. It Is Advisable Not To Use The Clips To Hold The Injector Up. If The Clip Rusts Away The Injector Will Lower And Cause A Leak. What We Advise Is To Take A Piece Of 1/8 Tape Around The Top Of Each Of The 4 Stands And Grind Off The 1/8 Inch. This Is Simple To Do. Not Only Will The Injector Seat Properly, But You Will Not Have To Rely On Those Tiny Weak Clips To Hold The Injector In The Rail. Any Later Injector Swaps Will Also Be Easier Because Now There Is Enough Room To Remove Them Without Taking Off The Runners. All Other Years Including The Lt1's Do Not Need The Clip And Have The Proper Height. You Can Also Trim Those Years To Make It Easier Next Time. We Have Personally Installed Injectors On Every Year. Meanwhile Mike263 Did Not Buy His Injectors From Us. I Called Him And Walked Him Through What He Needs To Do. Fires Scare Me!!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Mike263
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, guys. Especiallly to Jon (FICINJECTORS). He told me exactly what to do on my 86 to make them work. I didn't buy them from Jon, but wish I had.

Again, thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Bosch Gen 3 Fuel Injectors..need a little help

Quick Reply: Bosch Gen 3 Fuel Injectors..need a little help