C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

High end miss....Opti??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 12:17 AM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: High end miss....Opti?? (HJV11)

I had a similar problem and replaced my coil. It got worse. Come to find out the coil wire was seperated on the INSIDE and the spark was arcing in the wire. It fried at least one coil, if not two, before we figured it out. Replaced the plugs and wires and it fixed that problem.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:37 AM
ENJ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: High end miss....Opti?? (R94 LT 1)

Hello:
I haven't received the cam as of today. Still waiting. Hp/Torgue figure?? Looking for over 400 for both at the RR. Believe me, bad spark plug wires will have you pulling your hair out trying to figure out idle & drivabilty problems. Well I guess you'll have a few days to figure that problem out in the garage because I almost couldn't get my truck out of the driveway with all this snow we got last night. Say RJ, while I was waiting on the cam, I put two gold stripes down the center of the car.
Old 01-04-2002, 10:18 AM
HJV11
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: High end miss....Opti?? (ENJ)

The stripes sound good Gene! send me a pick if you have one. titan@sybercom.net

I am going to get in the garage today and swap out an extra coil wire an change the fuel filter first.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:58 PM
John Row
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: High end miss....Opti?? (HOWSER)

I'd replace the OPTI with the vent kit. Then it's over and done with. You might look at an electric pump. It's about the same price.

Quick Reply: High end miss....Opti??