C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Targa trim loose tinted type

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Chatman
Drifting

Received 156 Likes on 102 Posts

Default Targa trim loose tinted type

The trim along the front edge of my top is loose enough to show space between it and the acrylic at the center. I can force it back on but the poor fit then just moves across the leading edge. The trim along the sides appears firm. It did not come off easily along the sides but I haven't forced it.

I assume that the trim is held by adhesive but wanted to confirm that fact. If not then I will pull it off and refit. If it is fixed in place, then I will probably just distribute the gap along the leading edge.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:39 AM
engle1147
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chatman
The trim along the front edge of my top is loose enough to show space between it and the acrylic at the center. I can force it back on but the poor fit then just moves across the leading edge. The trim along the sides appears firm. It did not come off easily along the sides but I haven't forced it.

I assume that the trim is held by adhesive but wanted to confirm that fact. If not then I will pull it off and refit. If it is fixed in place, then I will probably just distribute the gap along the leading edge.
These tops are problematic for the condition you are describing....I've been looking into doing a similar repair....with an structural acrylic epoxy combination.

Quick Reply: Targa trim loose tinted type