C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

asr/abs lights plus funny noises

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:44 PM
edhh
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default asr/abs lights plus funny noises

1992, automatic. What was a clunk in the rear end everytime driving off after stoping, has now become a light show in the display, without the clunk. When I back out of the driveway, going about 10 feet, I hear a loud zipper noise coming from the back, guessing something with the abs (pump?), as soon as I hit the brakes the noise goes away and the service asr/abs lights come on, no other noise. I can feel the pedal moving a bit under my food when it makes the zipper noise. It's the same noise every chrysler made since 2000 when the you put the tranny in gear. The lights started right after I greased the pins for the rear calibers, which stopped the clunk.

Doing a lot of reading, it seems the abs will only come on after going at least 3mph, so that's my 10 feet backing real slow and when the clunk use to happen.

Now the real pain, no CCM codes, no module 9 codes, no codes anywhere, just the funny noise and lights. Any ideas
Old 03-09-2009, 08:26 AM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by edhh
1992, automatic. What was a clunk in the rear end everytime driving off after stoping, has now become a light show in the display, without the clunk. When I back out of the driveway, going about 10 feet, I hear a loud zipper noise coming from the back, guessing something with the abs (pump?), as soon as I hit the brakes the noise goes away and the service asr/abs lights come on, no other noise. I can feel the pedal moving a bit under my food when it makes the zipper noise. It's the same noise every chrysler made since 2000 when the you put the tranny in gear. The lights started right after I greased the pins for the rear calibers, which stopped the clunk.

Doing a lot of reading, it seems the abs will only come on after going at least 3mph, so that's my 10 feet backing real slow and when the clunk use to happen.

Now the real pain, no CCM codes, no module 9 codes, no codes anywhere, just the funny noise and lights. Any ideas
I'm not sure the ABS code display is the same for our early cars, my reference indicates module 9 only applies to 94 and newer. I found this in my 93 book, if it is too small to read send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will attach this to an e-mail

Sounds to me like you have an issue with one of the rear wheel speed sensors, make sure you didn't damage one when working on the calipers or accidentally pack the tone wheel with grease or debris.

Quick Reply: asr/abs lights plus funny noises