C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

They are going to crush old vettes...bill just passed,

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:15 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmymack
Yeah, like the govt. has anything in their motor pool that can catch our cars

Old 04-01-2009, 04:47 PM
BADDUCK
Le Mans Master

Location: One day you're a Comet...the next day you're dust... Arkansas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why is this in the tech forum?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:55 PM
mechguy79
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I almost fell for it. I figured it was a sick way to help our suck@ss auto industry. I hate to say it but I would only buy a Ford right now. No new vehicles from crappy companies sticking hands out looking for money.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:11 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I knew this was a load of crap as soon as I read the title:

"Consumer Assistance to End usage of out-moded Vehicles Act of 2009''

Any such act as this by the govt. would make it a "Consumer mandate" not "Consumer Assistance"

It would kind of be like calling all of the Obamanators other programs:

"Consumer Assisted Bailouts"

Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Crepitus
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude! a SWAT team just assaulted my driveway n blow up all my rigs!!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:00 PM
TWISTERUP
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Read this thread early this morning at work on my lap top...walked away cussing, man I was pissed all I could think of was...'70 Z28-'96 Vette-'72 cutlass and my '94 buick GS...so I go back to work steam rolling off me---wondering if I should stop on the way home and buy some more ammo...then..all at once ..."toptechs" post replayed in my mind and I busted out laughing. With everything going on in the world on a day to day basis..I bit bigtime !!

Good job "9secondflat":ro fl:
Just call me MR. HOOK,LINE & SINKER
Old 04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

They can take my Corvette when they pry the keys from my cold dead fingers!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:04 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

I wanted to be first in line for a government voucher, and had my car crushed today !!!

Hail to the chief !!!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX70CC
Holy crap man, what is the story with that snip of video? Did the truck driver survive??
Old 04-02-2009, 12:55 AM
86vetted
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent!!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:15 AM
lltrevino
Burning Brakes

God, I was going to go the safe and pull out my 50 Cal Desert Eagle, I was with," you can have my 5 cars, when you pry the keys from my cold dead hands," routine. You had me for 5 mintes, while i was re-re-re-reading, trying understand all the legal BS.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:13 AM
9secondflat
Melting Slicks

glad a few of you guys fell for it....now if you want to see a truly F*cked up program that was passed just google GIVE or better yet go to youtube and type in obama GIVE program....everyone is saying this is nothing more than a back door draft for youth 18-25 and comparing it to HITLERS brown shirt program put into motion back in 1933

its a voluntary program that is MANDITORY for all 18-25...someone explain this to me...

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/updat...-passes-senate
http://forgottoask.com/obama-give-pr...tlers-germany/
http://sharprightturn.wordpress.com/...near-you-soon/
http://chicagobluesgirl.com/2009/03/...-our-children/

and the list goes on hundreds and hundreds of times over and over again.....

Last edited by 9secondflat; 04-02-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:25 AM
combustables
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Default This is the ****TIEST attempt at humor I've ever read

I'm not in the habit of insulting people even on April fools day but this is the absolute sickest and most F__CKED UP joke I've ever read anywhere. It's pretty much like teasing someone about their dead father or yelling fire in a crowded theater with handicapped people or better yet joking about firing someone ...

Don't you people have anything better to do than to repeatedly cast doubt (even for a second) and cause blood pressures to rise? I can't frikkin believe that this was viewed as funny ...

To the original WRITER of this alleged joke, Go practice writing something useful for god's sake .... Why don't you try combating some of these stupid bills being passed with your legal writing skills instead of make me believe the world has gone nuts again ...

BAD BAD joke ..... VERY BAD .... Don't ever joke about this crap again. And don't make jokes about firing people or CARS, EVER!!!!!!

Last edited by combustables; 04-02-2009 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Adjusted insults
Old 04-02-2009, 07:37 AM
dclafleur
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeC4
I wanted to be first in line for a government voucher, and had my car crushed today !!!

Hail to the chief !!!

You sir are a patriot! glad you can make light of it!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:58 AM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by combustables
I'm not in the habit of insulting people even on April fools day but this is the absolute sickest and most F__CKED UP joke I've ever read anywhere. It's pretty much like teasing someone about their dead father or yelling fire in a crowded theater with handicapped people or better yet joking about firing someone ...

Don't you people have anything better to do than to repeatedly cast doubt (even for a second) and cause blood pressures to rise? I can't frikkin believe that this was viewed as funny ...

To the original WRITER of this alleged joke, Go practice writing something useful for god's sake .... Why don't you try combating some of these stupid bills being passed with your legal writing skills instead of make me believe the world has gone nuts again ...

BAD BAD joke ..... VERY BAD .... Don't ever joke about this crap again. And don't make jokes about firing people or CARS, EVER!!!!!!
Have to say this was the funniest part of the entire thread. Just one comment dude.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 AM
GS4-LT1
Burning Brakes

"Lighten up Francis"
Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
myc4vette
Instructor

:

Get notified of new replies

To They are going to crush old vettes...bill just passed,

Old 04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Crepitus
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know you guys very well yet. I was Cursing and makeing the kind of threats that could land me in the cross bar hotel after reading this post....untill I caught on after reading a few replies. Now I am laughin at myself as much as the post. Combustable, I am thinking chill a little my friend. I am scared to asked how you got your nick name
Old 04-02-2009, 07:09 PM
dreamer2468
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

You feel like doing this?

Laura
Old 04-02-2009, 09:16 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GS4-LT1
"Lighten up Francis"
"The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you. "

Quick Reply: They are going to crush old vettes...bill just passed,