C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What do I need to remove?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 02:23 PM
Dave's_88
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need to remove?????

I'm pulling the engine and transmission. The hood has already been taken off. Do I need to remove the radiator, or can it be lifted out without removing? Also, is it easier to keep the transmission attached to the engine when removing or drop it first?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-31-2002, 10:00 PM
mash557
Burning Brakes

Default Re: What do I need to remove????? (Dave's_88)

Definitely take out the radiator, not that hard and sure would be bad to have the engine whack it and bust the core. I've done the engine trans thing both ways and prefer them together, but you still have to remove some of the bellhousing bolts that hold the wire looms. Good Luck either way. I finally have the drivetrain out of mine, but did not remove the hood. Pulled the engine by itself from the side.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:18 PM
pablocruise
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I pulled them together attached. My radiator did not cause me any probs thankfully. Do yourself a favor and take off the windsheild wiper motor. I didn't. Sure enough, for as careful as I was, crack! :cry Also make sure the ground straps are undone. Goodluck and have fun! :cheers:
Old 01-31-2002, 11:02 PM
Dave's_88
Instructor

Thanks guys. Think I'll remove both the radiator and the windshield wiper motor (just to be on the safe side). I just put the radiator back in....finished cleaning it prior to deciding on the engine work.

-Dave

Get notified of new replies

To What do I need to remove?????

Quick Reply: What do I need to remove?????