C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need help attaching throttle cable - LT4

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Trebor
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 157 Posts

Default Need help attaching throttle cable - LT4

Hi:

I removed the throttle body from my LT4 this afternoon in order to give it a good cleaning. I had a couple of interuptions and now I have come back and re-installed the TB and all the hoses and electrical connections. I must be tired because I can not remember how to properly attach the throttle cable. As you know the braided cable has a small T barrel connector attached to the end of it. It goes around the bottom of the throttle and there is a slice on one side of the throttle and this t barrel looking thing is supposed to slide through the hole. Can anyone walk me through it or show pics so I don'r kink the cable or screw it up?

Thanks,

trebor
Old 06-14-2009, 08:51 PM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Yep, that's it; the "little barrel looking thing" slides into the hole. There's a slot in the hole that the cable slides through.

It can be a little tricky to position the little barrel looking thing, but not too difficult.

Once you get it to fit you'll have a EUREKA moment. I did.

Jake

West Point Rocks!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Trebor
Drifting

Hi Jake:

Yup I know the barrel stud goes into the hole but how do I maneuver the cable through the slice? Do I first insert the cable into the slice then try to band the cable so the barrel stud fits through the hole?

I am in the garrage trying to do this now

Thanks,

Trebor

Originally Posted by JAKE
Yep, that's it; the "little barrel looking thing" slides into the hole. There's a slot in the hole that the cable slides through.

It can be a little tricky to position the little barrel looking thing, but not too difficult.

Once you get it to fit you'll have a EUREKA moment. I did.

Jake

West Point Rocks!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 PM
94z07fx3
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try holding the throttle open with one hand while you finesse it into place with the other hand.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Trebor
Drifting

Yup that's the way I can get enough slack in the cable to maneuver it. I know I am being stupid here and it's something simple but I don't see it. I twisted the throttle by hand to get the slack I needed, then I slid the cable through the slice in the throttle. Now the cable is attached but the barrel stud is in the wrong position outside the hole. I have tried twisting the barrel stud to make it go into the hole without any luck. But I am not sure I am doing it right in the first place so I am nervous about messing it up.

THanks,

Trebor

Originally Posted by 94z07fx3
Try holding the throttle open with one hand while you finesse it into place with the other hand.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:37 PM
pianoguy
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

When I took mine apart to pull the engine, I unbolted the bracket that holds the cable from the intake, and then unbolted the throttle body - it was easy to get the cable out once the throttle body was loose. I expect to do the reverse when I get my engine back.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Trebor
Drifting

Anyone know the exact steps to do this?

Thanks,

Trebor
Old 06-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Trebor
Drifting

ttt
Old 06-14-2009, 10:15 PM
94z07fx3
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you have the cable snapped into the fuel rail cover and the cable cover end in the bracket at the front of the intake? If so, un-snap it and slide it out of the bracket to get it seated correctly in the throttle then put the cable end and snaps back in place. Even more slack can be achieved by unbolting the ASR module from the wheel well two little bolts easy peasy

Get notified of new replies

To Need help attaching throttle cable - LT4

Quick Reply: Need help attaching throttle cable - LT4