C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

hypertech Stage I

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 03:51 PM
corvette90
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default hypertech Stage I

Hi all..

is the Hypertech Stage I worth the money? Does it help anyway?
a few people-corvette owners-told me..hypertech, airfoil, and AFPR makes a difference..
the car is L98, Manual 6

thanks
Old 02-11-2002, 12:12 PM
HighHopes85
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: hypertech Stage I (corvette90)

In my, and most people's opinions, it is not worth the money. If you want me to explain I will, but drop me an email.

As for the airfoil, it only wrecked havoc on my IAC valve and my Vette started to "whistle" while I drove. Not to mention I bought the car and didn't know it had an airfoil installed. 3 weeks later, the freshly rebuilt engine became a paperweight because the screw came loose and cracked the block, chewed up the head, and bent an intake valve. I was dumb enough to put the airfoil in after swapping engines, and that is when I found out the IAC counts went out to lunch.

The AFPR is not a bad idea. Sometimes it was cheap insurance for GM to run their cars rich from the factory and lowering the FP might actually help. This is one of those mods that you really need to be OK at reading your spark plugs, be able to do back to back dragstrip runs, or have a scanner logging data.

But the mods you listed are usually the exact ones that follow the freebie mods. Many have done em, I bought the car with all of em, and now the only thing I still have left out of those 3 is the AFPR. -Matt-
Old 02-28-2002, 12:27 AM
ncChris
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: hypertech Stage I (corvette90)

I found the Hypertech programmer to be a total waste of money. In fact ,my car ran worse after installing it . Only mods i had then were exhaust and headers and 52mm Thr body. If your car is totally stock then you might be able to notice some improvement but you wont think it'll be your money's worth.

Get notified of new replies

To hypertech Stage I

Quick Reply: hypertech Stage I