C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

93 alternator wiring???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:16 PM
95BlueBomber
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 93 alternator wiring???

The clip on my brothers alternator broke, we have a replacement but cant figure what wires went where. I have figured out that it goes red then skips and then there is a brown wire and a brown wire with a stripe. Can anyone help here?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:05 PM
94z07fx3
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default P l i(f) s

Those clips get really brittle with age.

For my '94:

P = Unused
L = Dark brown or Black
I(F) = Light Brown
S = Red

Sometimes terminal "I" is labled "F" go figure...

I bet the light brown I have is what you see there as brown with stripe and the dark brown/black is the brown.

Last edited by 94z07fx3; 07-30-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
M. Schumacher
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran into a similar situation with my 96 last summer. In my case both wires were brown. It was pretty easy to figure out which one was which electrically by referencing the wiring diagram and pulling fuses, however that doesn't really help you with figuring out where they go at the connector.

I ended up making the assumption that the way the schematic was drawn matched the order of the wires. That would put your brn/wht at the end of the connector, farthest from the red. Mine works fine, but there's no guarantee that's the same way it was.

The only difference I can see is that the one line is hot in run only and the other is hot in run and start. I don't understand what difference that makes to the alternator. A definitive answer would be great if anyone has it.

Get notified of new replies

To 93 alternator wiring???

Quick Reply: 93 alternator wiring???