C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What is the best C4 year and suspension for autocross racing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:36 PM
mr.beachcomber
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 1991Z07
......and getting a jack under the front crossmember on my car is impossible without getting it on some ramps. I have to pull onto ramps just to get my lift arms under the body. Next time I have it on the lift I'll let you know...
You really don't need to jack the car or even use ramps. (It's easier on the PS pump though.) You're looking for two turns lock to lock for the fast steering ratio. If it is fast steering, it should have some type of identification on the rack so the assembly line would know which rack to install. My Z51 89 has "NS" for fast steering while the 89 auto has "FH" for regular steering which is 2 1/4" turns lock to lock (or 2 3/8 turns is you push the steering wheel past the stops).

The reason I'm interested in your 91 Z07 is you're the only original owner I've run into. A club member has a 91 Z07, but wasn't the original owner. (The car had been extensively modified for auto-xing, but didn't have the fast steering ratio nor any type of distinguishing identification; however, since we didn't know the history of the car, we couldn't say for sure that was the way the Z07 left the factory.)

Still looking forward to your findings.

Quick Reply: What is the best C4 year and suspension for autocross racing?