C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Finally running fine

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:03 AM
kmhene
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally running fine

Hello all, been a while since I have posted. Been busy with work. On a 7 day a week schedule now. Love it for sure. Have some extra cash for my vette. LOL
But just wanted to say I have my 84 running like a dream. I had a miss in acceleration sometimes at about 25mph . I had done a complete tuneup etc with new wires and everything. Replaced fuel pump etc. It has about 90,000 and I wanted to replace all this stuff now since it would have needed it in the future.
And then I replaced the EGR valve. And wow, what a difference. It took that miss away. She idles fine and runs even finer. Nice and smooth. I love her more now than before.
I wish i worked farther away from work sometimes so I could drive her more.
Now I get to play around with adding accesories etc since I took care of all my mechincal issues I wanted to do.
She is a white, 84 with the crossfire engine. I love this car. I dont care what they say about the crossfire. I have found out it you dont try to modify it or try to get 500 hp and leave it original like the design its a great engine. Its easy to work on, and I love the injector placemment etc.
Its getting cold here in Chicago but I will have her out every nice sunny day I can. And this week is going to be sunny and about 55 here.

Thxs to all for your help when I needed it. You guys are invaluble with info.
And I gotta say, some of the comments that are posted are hysterical.
I sit there and bust out laughing and my wife looks at me like I am nuts.

Once again, thxs guys-RIDE ON and lets keep these C4's running and on the road.

Kevin
Old 11-10-2009, 10:23 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,556 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Enjoy the ride.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
screamin_conure
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Kevin, glad to hear you got your ride tuned in! I'm in northwest Indiana myself, and yes, winter is just around the corner. I'm trying to get MY white C4 ('92 coupe) sorted out mechanically as well, before I put it away for the winter.

When they're running the way they're supposed to, there's nothing like 'em!

Catch you on the road in the spring!

Ron

Get notified of new replies

To Finally running fine

Quick Reply: Finally running fine