C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT4 Hotcam info needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 03:34 PM
cire96
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT4 Hotcam info needed

I've got a 96 LTY4 and went to Lt4.com to get the lowdown on the GM Performance's Hotcam and came up with about half of what I wanted to know. After visiting paceparts.com, I know what the bare cam will cost an little else. Soooo...
1) What will I need to install the Hotcam in my LT4, i.e. new lifters, rockers, springs, shims etc?
2) What will the Hotcam add in flywheel horsepower without other modifications?
3) What will I add by getting the head ports opened up a bit and matched to the intake ports?
4) Will the Hotcam affect drivability and if so, how much?
Thanks to all who'll respond.
Cire96 :confused:
Old 03-01-2002, 03:43 PM
GlockLT4
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: LT4 Hotcam info needed (cire96)

1) You don't need new lifters, but I would put new ones in if I were you. Since you already have an LT4, you don't need to upgrade to 1.6's unless you want to get some Pro Magnum's or something (better ones). Spring repacement is recommended especially if you have miles on that car. Shims probably don't need it but they are cheap.

2) A couple of people on here have posted gains of around 35hp.

3) Yes, head work will help a lot.

4) You will have to raise your idle for the hot cam. Since you have a '96 you don't have much of an option, so you should send your computer to Ed Wright in Tulsa. http://www.fastchips.com

Quick Reply: LT4 Hotcam info needed