C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

No tail lights or dash lights ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:50 AM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default No tail lights or dash lights ?

I had a guy throw his van in reverse and smack my front end at a stop light.Now my Dash lights and rear tail lights dont work .This a 1994 vert.Brake lights work but the cornering lights don't work eather.
Any Ideas ??
Thanks in advance!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:25 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Have you checked the fuses? Dash lights and tail lamps are usually on the same fuse. Cornering lamps should only work when the parking lights or headlights are on so I would expect there is a wire that has broken or shorted out due to the collision.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Have you checked the fuses? Dash lights and tail lamps are usually on the same fuse. Cornering lamps should only work when the parking lights or headlights are on so I would expect there is a wire that has broken or shorted out due to the collision.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:26 PM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Front parking/turn signal lamp wires got pinched in the crash and are either shorted to ground or cut and are open circuit. Check your tail fuse and turn/BU fuse and your stop/haz fuse with an ohmeter.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:26 AM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

All fuses are good that is the problem .I checked under the hood and passenger side fuses and no problem their.Thanks.
I traced the wires they seem to be ok.I looked at the chevy book and ti is no help.Just cant seem to get where the dash and tail lights are on same circut.I removed the head light switch and the 2 main hot wires are giving the switch power?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:22 AM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Which dash lights aren't working? Also, the rear tail lights and the front parking lights are in parallel so if the front parking lights are working then the fuse is good and something is wrong with the rear tail lights. It would be unusual, but all the rear tail light bulbs could have that filament burned out. Pull at least the outside socket from one side and check the tail light bulb with an ohmeter and with the parking lights on use a voltmeter to see if the socket with no lamp in it has 12v on one of the two center buttons has 12v on it. This will prove that its the lamp or no power to the lamp. You get to the socket from underneath the car, it turns 90 degrees and comes out of the fixture.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:36 AM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

This is a 1994 and the center of the dash is working.everything on the Left and right sides out.Brake lights work ,turn signals work .

Get notified of new replies

To No tail lights or dash lights ?

Quick Reply: No tail lights or dash lights ?