C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

HID install, how-to with PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 12:46 AM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 223 Likes on 145 Posts

If you want similar results for a lower cost, you can also get the Hella Euro lamps (also called e-codes) and 80/100W 6K Xenon bulbs like I did for my car: http://www.marcmedina.com/MR2lighting.html - it uses the same headlamps as the C4's. The Hella's also have a VERY controlled beam pattern, so you don't blind oncomming drivers.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:07 AM
Decat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ubnpast
For everything. Hid uses only 35 watts which is less than the ~55 watts which I believe is stock.
I hooked up my HID headlights following these photos (because they were included with my CorvetteMods HID kit, but I have a question. I am getting the hi-beam indicator coming on inside the car when I have the fog lights on now. I know I need to add a resistor or 194 bulb to the hi-beam hook up on the factory female headlight plug, but I don't know which wire is which on there. I think it is brown, green, and black wires. My multimeter is not working at the moment, anyone know which wires goes to which? Thanks :-) I already have a resistor on the low beams wiring (I think green and black wires?) so everything is functioning correctly, headlights come on and raise and lower correctly, but I would like to not have the hi beam indicator come on when the fogs are on. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

I just received a HID kit from CorvetteMods. The original post in this thread was included in lieu of instructions. Unfortunately the red letters didn't come across too well when printed in black and white...
Old 07-29-2014, 04:21 PM
ubnpast
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
I just received a HID kit from CorvetteMods. The original post in this thread was included in lieu of instructions. Unfortunately the red letters didn't come across too well when printed in black and white...

I was not aware of that, thanks for the heads up. I don't mind for personal use, but if company is directing customers to the forum to make $ off my time and effort that is unfair.

Quick Reply: HID install, how-to with PICS