C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1991 aldl

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:59 PM
SteelBlue91
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 aldl

OK, I got myself a usb cable from aldlcable and I sat down to get it working so I can get some scans. After a few hours, I feel like a 2nd grader in a calculus class!

I have the cable installed and setup. If I plug the thing in with a hyperterminal (puTTY) window open, I get some garbled data. Is it supposed to look like that? I assumed this was correct because all of the software programs that came with the cable need a ecm definition, which I assume is what "decodes" the info.

I tried all of the programs that I could get to run on my Vista laptop, and none seem to list my ecm (1227727, right?). Is there a definition for winaldl or tunerpro for this ecm? Tunerpro's site lists some under that number, but the engines are WAY off (like v6 or turbo motors).

Am I missing something? I feel like the answer is obvious and I just can't find the big red button... All I want to do is the basic scan to look for anything suspicious.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:27 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

here is TTS data master it's what I use, free trial then u buy it.

http://www.ttspowersystems.com/softw...M-8D-setup.exe
Old 04-18-2010, 09:48 PM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by SteelBlue91
none seem to list my ecm (1227727, right?). Am I missing something?.
TunerPro $8D
Same def file as used for '730 ECM ( Same ECM ; different case. Vette is weatherproof to mount under hood)
http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm
Download both the .ecu and ads files

NB; the weatherproof '727 ECM was used in lots of other GM products which is why you are seeing turbo files

Come back when you have the files; when using a USB cable there are some tweaks to be done to set it up .Sometimes laptop will not auto detect cable and you manually have to set the Comms ports

Last edited by rodj; 04-18-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:23 PM
SteelBlue91
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, thanks for the info. I think the cable is setup and talking correctly, as I can see some data coming across in a raw terminal.

I had not tried TTS due to the price of the 21st session , but it looks very nice. I will at least load it up and see.

As for the tunerpro, I have a hypertech pcm chip; is that ecu bin going to match what I have? I figured all I needed was the stream definition file for getting the scan data.

Unfortunately I probably won't get a chance to work on it until tomorrow. I will post back with the results.

Edit: Got a few minutes to try out tunerpro with the 730 file and it appears to work like a champ! With my small time window I just tried it not running and played with the gas pedal to check the tps and it appears to work perfectly. Thanks!

Last edited by SteelBlue91; 04-19-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 AM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I haven't bought it yet.. I don't think I will need to

Get notified of new replies

To 1991 aldl

Quick Reply: 1991 aldl