C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

air pump removal question 88c4

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:08 AM
foreveraudio
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air pump removal question 88c4

i bought the air pump removal bracket from zip, pulled out the air pump *** well as the air control box.
now i still am wondering, and forgive me im a new vette owner.
but on both sides of engine theres the long round parts, i believe called air check valves or something, but on the left side of engine theres a hose that comes off off it, that splits and it splits off to the sir pump control box, i pluged it off with a spark plug, but it looks tacky, so is there a way to plug off both sides right at it, i thought mAYBE a elbow hose, cause on the left side it connects with the hose that come off the valve cover, and its a t piece. well since i took off one of the hoses, it maybe needs a elbow hose. but id rather not have any hoses if their not need, does anyone have some good pics they can email me of their air pump eliminator bracket installed so i can see everything on how they did it
thanks
foreveraudio@yahoo.com
Old 06-11-2010, 10:15 AM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

If you remove the air pump you take everything that was connected to it off , then cap the two pipes on the exh manifolds.If you leave the one way valves on the exh manifolds you can just cap them with rubber caps Tape up the connectors that went to the divertor valves because they are live when key on

Old 06-11-2010, 10:18 AM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by foreveraudio
cause on the left side it connects with the hose that come off the valve cover, and its a t piece.
The air pump lines do not connect to the valve cover.They only go to the exh manifolds and a s/s line back to the cat on pass side

Maybe you are talking about the PCV line ?
Old 06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
foreveraudio
Instructor

Default ok so i ........

yes i got confused. ok on the left sife of engine there is a hose coming from the check valve i think it is, or exaust manifold that went to the air control box, but that hose before it gets to the air control box and a t connector, one side goes to the heater core other goes to the tube that runs to the roght side of the engine exaust manifold or check valve and the 3rd which i capped off ran to the air control box, so my question is can i remove the tube that runs from left side of engine to the right and just cap off both sides of the engine at the check valves or exaust manifold, dont know what their called but the long tobes that come off the exaust manifold.
and second, the two connectors that went to the air control box , i cut them off completely and sealed up the ends and put loom over them to hide them.
is that ok ?
also since i put this new air pump eliminator bracket on, iv noticed a noticable gas fume smell, is that normal ?
Old 06-13-2010, 06:32 PM
foreveraudio
Instructor

Default ??

?? thanks
Old 06-13-2010, 06:59 PM
drjimmy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have been messing with vacuum lines, make sure your evap system is working properly or you will get gas fumes under the hood.

Get notified of new replies

To air pump removal question 88c4

Quick Reply: air pump removal question 88c4