C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Water pump choice

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
NCBLACKC4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump choice

Well after all the reading on hear i choose the GM Performance 12527739 from summit over the Napa Tru-Flow. The electric was a close runner, but didnt want to cut into any existing electronics. Thanks to everybody Who posted there comments on here for the first timers to try and tackle this project.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NCBLACKC4
Well after all the reading on hear i choose the GM Performance 12527739 from summit over the Napa Tru-Flow. The electric was a close runner, but didnt want to cut into any existing electronics. Thanks to everybody Who posted there comments on here for the first timers to try and tackle this project.
There's an on-going thread, I believe on the Forum, where a member had problems removing his WP and, IIRC ended up damaging his opti removing the pump.

I'm not sure what generation engine you're running, but if you run into any problem be sure to post here. We'll try to help out.

Jake

My son, Ryan M. Cameron, graduated from West Point on 22 May 2010! He was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant and I pinned on his first pair of "Butter Bars" PROUDEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:39 PM
NCBLACKC4
Instructor

I did see that thread and i do have the same generation. I had no problems getting the pump out, made sure i got all the anti-freeze out of the pump before removal so i would not harm the opti.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:02 PM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Okay, great. Then you probably read the tips I posted since I just finished doing the same swap a few weeks ago.

Jake

My son, Ryan M. Cameron, graduated from West Point on 22 May 2010! He was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant and I pinned on his first pair of "Butter Bars" PROUDEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:19 PM
NCBLACKC4
Instructor

Originally Posted by JAKE
Okay, great. Then you probably read the tips I posted since I just finished doing the same swap a few weeks ago.

Jake

Yes i did, thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Water pump choice

Quick Reply: Water pump choice