C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Looking for a good high flow cat...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 PM
94lt1vette94
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GREGGPENN
Yep...some kids are pretty spoiled. They don't value money especially if someone else is forking it over.

kids....
It's a birthday gift, and each grandma gave me a $200 cap, so why not?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:08 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 402 Likes on 328 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 94lt1vette94
It's a birthday gift, and each grandma gave me a $200 cap, so why not?
It's your money, you're present. Grandma's certainly want to see their grandkids happy and enjoy a present. But, since you didn't address/answer post #37, I get the feeling you think it's throw-away money. Because YOU didn't earn it, a lack of success (with a cat swap) doesn't matter as much.

In your profile, I see you are a student. Student's need money for lots of things more than replacing their LTx cats -- especially if they're not malfunctioning. And, I explained why there are other areas where your gain/satisfaction might be higher.

How many threads have you started to determine the best use of $400 on an LT1? What if your opti goes out 2 months after tossing in RT's? Dude, there's LOTs of reasons why not. But, it's your Bday present.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 402 Likes on 328 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Besides what I said above and in post 37, I just haven't seen lots of posts where LTx guys dumped/replaced their OEM cats and found lots of power.

It that really helps, I hope a few people will jump in and say so,,,but the "bad" exhaust in the C4 community is on the L98 cars,,,not the LT1's. Hell,,,you don't even see very many people jumping up/down after installing headers.

With $400, my vote would be for a Hotcam unless you're worried about emissions. And, if you are, leave the cats alone and save it for repairs or school!

Quick Reply: Looking for a good high flow cat...