C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How do I remove Digidash cluster??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 08:27 PM
Qblue92
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default How do I remove Digidash cluster??

My 92 does this cute trick where the digital part of the dash gives me wild gibberish or it goes blank if the weather is warm or hot... I had it fixed once, and the guy told me the digital gauge cluster wasn't making good contact with the plug/harness behind it. I've got it loose, and I can't seem to get it out. I don't see how I can get to the back side of the cluster without removing the steering column. can I get to it from underneath the dash? Is there a magic word? help pleeezzzz!!
Old 03-31-2002, 09:00 PM
bdtenore
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How do I remove Digidash cluster?? (qblue92)

My 1990 does the same thing. It also pegs the tach out when you start the car. Did yours ever do that? My GM service manual says to remove the knee bolster and the bolts holding the colum to remove the cluster. I looked up and behined the dash for the cluster plug, but i could only find were the wires went into it. No plug on that side of the cluster. I was going to remove mine next weekend. Let me know about your tach.
Good luck.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:08 PM
Qblue92
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Re: How do I remove Digidash cluster?? (bdtenore)

No- my tach needle never freaks out. its just in the digital part.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:42 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: How do I remove Digidash cluster?? (qblue92)

I just had the digi out of my '88.

I pulled the dash & DIC bezels and removed the screws from the front of the IP cover pad. Then I raised the front of the IP pad enough to clear the IP when I tilted it forward. I pulled the left side of the IP out far enough to remove the two connectors in the right rear. I then slid the IP out from the dash opening over the steering wheel.

This procedure pretty much follows the method outlined in Gordon Killebrew's book on the digi dash.

Get notified of new replies

To How do I remove Digidash cluster??

Quick Reply: How do I remove Digidash cluster??