C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

code h62 fixed with new icm?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:27 PM
littlesk8cracker
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default code h62 fixed with new icm?

so heres the story. over the weekend i did a little work on my 94 lt1. i changed out the catalytic converters and the exhaust, and put in a new fuel filter. took it around the block a few times and it was fine. then this morning i went to go to school and on my way there, the car backfired for a few seconds then just shut off on me. i couldnt get it started so i called the tow truck and had it brought back to my house. after i got it home, i started checking things that i messed with over the weekend. wasnt the fuel filter, wasnt the 02 sensors, wasnt the ground wires that i disconnected to take the old cat out. couldnt find any leaks or anything. i used the paper clip method and got a code h62 (something to do with an oil sensor). well i had a spare icm laying around and for sh*ts and giggles i threw it in there. car started right up and had no problems. i drove it around for 10-20 mins, let it get up to full temp, did some hard accelerating, some idling. everything seems good. was this just an odd coincidence that my icm went bad the day after i did a bunch of work to my car? something just doesent feel right? any opinions on the situation?
Old 11-30-2010, 01:24 PM
littlesk8cracker
Drifting

any suggestions? car was fine today. possible that the icm going bad the day after i finished doing all the work was just an odd coincidence?
Old 11-30-2010, 05:01 PM
sailorsteve
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A problem that crops up immediately after working on the car is almost always related to the work. In your case, could the connector to the ICM have been disturbed, causing your problem?
Old 11-30-2010, 07:56 PM
SunCr
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Hard to say because the "h" means History and it was no longer present when you turned off the motor and it would have gone away with 100 ignition cycles. Generally with History Codes, you clear and restart and then if it comes back "c" or Current, use the Trouble Tree for the Code.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:29 PM
larry93lt1
Drifting

Location: Gaithersburg MD A member since 2007 but then the computer crashed and then the car crash loss of memory X 2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sailorsteve
A problem that crops up immediately after working on the car is almost always related to the work. In your case, could the connector to the ICM have been disturbed, causing your problem?
I just replaced my heater core and can't get the damn engine to fire.
Security Light and SYS are 'a flashin', no Service Engine Soon light.
Replaced coil and module, Injectors won't fire.
What a PIA this has been.

I just had to put the on the new wheels and tires.
I just love my '92 C4, just not as much as the '93, yet.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:52 AM
sailorsteve
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by larry93lt1
I just replaced my heater core and can't get the damn engine to fire.
Security Light and SYS are 'a flashin', no Service Engine Soon light.
Replaced coil and module, Injectors won't fire.
What a PIA this has been.

I just had to put the on the new wheels and tires.
I just love my '92 C4, just not as much as the '93, yet.
Those two lights flashing together indicate a "Fuel Enable Data Stream" failure, reference the FSM, page 8D-3 and section 9D.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:44 PM
littlesk8cracker
Drifting

well iv had the car out a few times recently and all is well. i guess it was just coincidence that the icm went out after doing all that other work
Old 12-01-2010, 05:18 PM
sailorsteve
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

We like happy endings.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:27 PM
jsuzz_22
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littlesk8cracker
well iv had the car out a few times recently and all is well. i guess it was just coincidence that the icm went out after doing all that other work
I dont think it is. I had the same exact problem with my 94 and guess what code i got... H62. Bad oil temp sensor. I noticed that it says on my guage when the car is running the oil temp is 0 which cant be right. So... I also had a spare ICM I put it in car fired right over I drove it around in closed loop and then I look at the oil temp sensor, its sitting right below 215. I cleared the code using paperclip method and it didnt come back. Wild

Get notified of new replies

To code h62 fixed with new icm?

Quick Reply: code h62 fixed with new icm?