C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Where to have checked out and repaired?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 02:33 PM
0Paul Ruggeri
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 4 bolts are forward of the tilt pivot. If the wheel it self is loose, that might cause what you're discribing. That would be unusual though.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Scott Bishop
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay... so I just got a call from the shop. They said Hydraulics not an issue. They feel it's the clutch or that the pilot bearing is dragging. Won't know for sure until they "get in there". Here is the kicker he said he's having trouble finding parts and he is expecting it to cost $1200-1400.00. Wants me to come and pick it up and he'll call me when can track down parts.

Last edited by Scott Bishop; 12-20-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 PM
sailorsteve
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Bishop
Okay... so I just got a call from the shop. They said Hydraulics not an issue. They feel it's the clutch or that the pilot bearing is dragging. Won't know for sure until they "get in there". Here is the kicker he said he's having trouble finding parts and he is expecting it to cost $1200-1400.00. Wants me to come and pick it up and he'll call me when can track down parts.
Private Message sent
Old 12-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Scott Bishop
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ sailorsteve - Thanks!

I am going to call around tomorrow to Able Chevrolet, www.precisionmotive.com, and www.corvette-express.com. See about rates/getting the car on the schedule. I was hoping I could stay local but feel like I need someone who has experience specifically with C4 Corvettes... can get parts... and fix it right the first time.

Obviously the other direction would be to sell and upgrade. I ran across another Corvette with even fewer miles that has caught my attention!

Quick Reply: Where to have checked out and repaired?