C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Eletrical Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Shanee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eletrical Problems?

Ok, I've had my 92 Corvette for about a year now, and I love it more than anything. When I first got it I noticed that the car wouldn't always make the "beeping" noise when you stick the key in it, but sometimes it would. My AC would kick off every once in a while and it would give me a code 9, even when I had the freeon filled. My high beam headlights have never worked. And now just recently my AC fan isn't blowing at all. Idk if it is something eletrical or what it could be. Any ideas would definitely help. Thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 10:55 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane7227
Ok, I've had my 92 Corvette for about a year now, and I love it more than anything. When I first got it I noticed that the car wouldn't always make the "beeping" noise when you stick the key in it, but sometimes it would. My AC would kick off every once in a while and it would give me a code 9, even when I had the freeon filled. My high beam headlights have never worked. And now just recently my AC fan isn't blowing at all. Idk if it is something eletrical or what it could be. Any ideas would definitely help. Thanks
key not beeping ,it didnt get read, if your car starts, not an issue /Ac kicking off, possibly a thermal sw., you'll hear it called other things, bout $30 / high beams, could be as simple as the high beam side of your lights burned out or as complex as the dimmer switch./ AC fan , check the fuse after that it gets more spendy.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Shanee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked the fuse with the fan, and it looked fine, what else might it be? It just all of the sudden stopped the other day and hasn't worked since. And what do you mean about the AC kicking off? I've taken it to some guy who said he knew about C4 corvettes, and he tried to do a bypass to the AC. It worked for about a week then started kicking off again. The only way I can get it to kick back on is to unplug the battery for a few minutes then plug it back in to reset the corvette. He also said it didn't have any leaks, so idk why it's still giving me a code 9
Old 01-30-2011, 12:51 PM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

dont take the AC problem to a "c4' mech. take it to an AC mech.

Get notified of new replies

To Eletrical Problems?

Quick Reply: Eletrical Problems?