C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

TV cable adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 10:24 PM
tpivette89
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TV cable adjustment

i was reading a post on this site, and someone commented about how loose this car's TV cables were. well, my cables looked just like the ones in the picture (lots of slack). how do you adjust these and what will it do?
Old 04-18-2002, 12:23 AM
89'Bowtie
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Re: TV cable adjustment (tpivette89)

Is hard to desribe without a picture. However, the cable comes up the side of the plenumm and attatches right behind the t-body. There is a little box that is attached to the black bracket that holds the cables to the plennum. With you thumb, press the side of the black little box in, you see that it is spring load. With your thumb still depressing the side of the little box, slide the TV cable forward or backward in very little increments. Adjust, then go for a ride and make sure the tranny is shifting properly.

THIS IS ONLY IF YOU NEED ADJUSTMENT. I adjusted mine slightly and got slight quicker shifts at reletively the same RPM. However, this is not why one would make this adjustment. If you car is working fine, leave the slack in the cables, unless something has been altered. I had to adjust mine becuase i re-routed the cable and the motor removal had played with everything. Thats how it was adjusted on my 89', i don't know about cars with traction control box's.

Good Luck, hope this helps.
Vic :seeya

[Modified by 89'Bowtie, 10:25 PM 4/17/2002]
Old 04-18-2002, 09:00 PM
jackdaroofer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: TV cable adjustment (89'Bowtie)

:cheers:

I agree with previous comments but I have had more success following the Manual on this one

Press and hold the "detent" that will be the silver tab, half moon shaped, in and slide the cable back toward the black box.

This includes sliding the pkastic end of the cable back

Once back, release the detent and then ratchet the whole throttle cable assembly forward to full WOT

You can play with the adjustments by varying to a very small degree how far you push the cable back before ratcheting to WOT

I have been able to adjust mine toi the point that I don't get lock up until I lift the accelerator for a sec at 52 mph+

Get notified of new replies

To TV cable adjustment

Quick Reply: TV cable adjustment