C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Harness Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2023, 01:08 PM
GageC4
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harness Stuck

Removing harness from a 95 and one of the last wires are stuck. I’m sure they’re connected somewhere that I cannot see or find, so I’d just like to know where/ how to undo it.

This is by the transmission dipstick. The wires go down and under the car (I have already undone them). When I pull on it though, it doesn’t budge. Is there something keeping it in place between this spot and where they connect?

Any help is appreciated, I’m new to this entirely.
Old 11-04-2023, 01:26 PM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,316 Likes on 887 Posts

It’s clipped to the trans. You will either need to remove the bolt holding the bracket or reach up with a pick to pop the clip.
The following users liked this post:
IHBD (11-04-2023)
Old 11-04-2023, 02:17 PM
GageC4
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IHBD
The branch by the transmission dipstick is the Right Oxygen Sensor. IIRC, it may be tie-wrapped to the dip stick. Another possibility is that the branch goes under the dipstick support brace, and may be 'pinned' by the brace against the top of the transmission.

Go under the car and look up there. If the O2 sensor is indeed unplugged, there are no tiewraps, or anything else obviously attaching the harness to something, see if you can verify that the harness goes under the dipstick tube brace.

If it is trapped by the brace, I'd cut the O2 connector off, and pull the wires out. I think you're replacing the harness, correct? When you install the new harness, it doesn't have to go under the brace, go over it.

EDIT/ADD: That branch may also contain some wiring to the starter motor and Right Side Knock Sensor. So add that possibility to your assessment of what may be trapping that portion of the harness.

big thanks for the help, harness is entirely out now. It’s about time lol. Now to buy a new one and undo everything I just did 🤩

Get notified of new replies

To Harness Stuck

Quick Reply: Harness Stuck