C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

My Newly Redone DIY Sun Visors Turned Out Really Nice

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 03:09 PM
kyyote
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Newly Redone DIY Sun Visors Turned Out Really Nice

My sunvisors looked like the had had an M80 lit in side of them. They were flop eared and litterally falling apart. So, I tackled the redo and they turned out very, very nice.

Here are some pics from the job;

Old 06-06-2011, 05:03 PM
twin540
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice step by step thread,probably took u twice the amount of time to do that. All that effort really helps this forum many thanks..
Old 06-06-2011, 07:21 PM
kyyote
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I intended to write the instructions to go along with the steps. But, on this first one, I was really figuring tings out as I went along. I learned as I went, and on the next one it will be much easier. Then I will put step by step directions. The two sun visors will have cost me less than twenty dollars in materials, and now that I know what I am doing it should take no longer than an hour or two, including the hand stitching. The two layers of plastic from the picture frame allow it to bend but should eliminate the floppy ear syndrome. The board was replaced with Lexon, so heat shouldn't be a problem. I hope. I hope that the materials I used work, only time will tell on that. I have my fingers crossed.

Last edited by kyyote; 06-06-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To My Newly Redone DIY Sun Visors Turned Out Really Nice

Quick Reply: My Newly Redone DIY Sun Visors Turned Out Really Nice