C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

86 abs removal

Old 06-28-2011, 08:35 PM
leadshred
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 abs removal

so this weekend im going to remove my abs(for various reasons) and use a few unions to tie the lines together. does anybody have a diagram showing which lines are what though? i know theres two coming in from the master, and three leaving, one to the rear and two to the front. i just want a pic or something to know which is which and not have to guess by undoing them and pressing the pedal. also i may post some pics for anyone in the future trying to do this.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Baldfart
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 367 Likes on 303 Posts

I made a thread about it awhile back. Its been good so far.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...bs-thread.html
Old 06-29-2011, 06:17 AM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The lines on the 86 feed in different directions.right rear feeds the left front and so on. To do it right you will also have to replace one of the front left lines to do it right.If you have another person it makes it easier.I didn't find that the brakes worked any better.It did remove a few pounds from the car and when I go through the traps the car doesn't speed up after the brakes are applied for a long period of time.
They get 5 bucks per fitting so dont strip out those cheap brass fittings with the stainless lines on the car.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:57 PM
leadshred
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the reason for the removal is because my abs unit is shot and i have no brakes/locked up brakes. i would buy another unit on the forum, but honestly, the abs sucks. instead of the pedal making and releasing pressure like new cars, the 86 just modulates the release of pressure, and your pedal bleeds down. this is scary, and happens on occasions where i know for a fact i would have been better off without it. maybe i sound like an idiot to some of you, but its my preference and i know ill be happy with it.im from the thought that simpler is better.

Get notified of new replies

To 86 abs removal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 86 abs removal